PDA

View Full Version : ? pleco + Blue crayfish?

CRfish
07-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Is there any Pleco that could coexsist with a (blue, white, red) cray fish. In a 75 gallon. I have a African butterfly fish, a Leopard bushfish, and soon to get a butis butis (crazy fish). I would like to get a pleco and a cray fish but if not possible for sure the pleco. Any suggestions?

ScottishFish
07-10-2012, 04:15 PM
A 75G is a pretty big tank, as long as you set it up with loads and loads of rockwork/wood/cave/general nooks and crannies then I'm sure they would stay out of each others way.

CRfish
07-10-2012, 04:29 PM
okay perfect thank you ScottishFish. What about the type of pleco i asked before but no one has answered in other post what would be a larger pleco around (6 to 10 inches) that could live in the tank. I have seen quite a few i just dont know. Like a magnum, or a King tiger, or a gold nugget or a red cactus or tri beacon? I dont know :help:

metal-otaku
07-10-2012, 09:12 PM
We hand feed our crayfish and she's in a 75g with 3 turtle babies, and a bunch of community fish. we have a large rock wall with lot's of cave openings up against the glass, so you can see her.

CRfish
07-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Alright awesome I will get one sometime I just bought a L114 leopard cactus so I'm excited for the turn out of the tank

Obelisk
07-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Definitely provide multiple hiding places. I had a crayfish in a 20 gallon with a female Bristlenose. There's two of the exact same ceramic log that they like to hide in. But it wasn't enough and the crayfish was wandering around with the pleco being obviously stressed out. I ended up getting rid of the crayfish.

CRfish
07-23-2012, 07:22 PM
thanks for the advice i will put it into perspective