PDA

View Full Version : 2 spawns, same day, same tank

Lady Hobbs
09-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I was surprised that two pair of angels had spawned in the same tank without a war raging. They were so "into" what they were doing that they totally ignored the other pair. They're in a 55 gallon.

I do have to say that the poor loaches are catching the blunt of it. All they want to do is play, race around and dance with the bubbles but these angels want no part of them even being in the same tank right now.

One pair spawned on the filter tube which I removed and cleaned off. The second pair spawned on the driftwood that is anchored in the substrate on slate and I can't remove that wood without tearing things up so those will have to remain and hopefully the eggs get eaten by the parents.

I have had at least 20 spawns now and not once have the angels used the slate provided. I think I will get some pvc pipe that I can easily remove.

*Sarah*
09-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Why are you getting rid of the eggs? Don't you want babies?

Lady Hobbs
09-12-2007, 10:54 PM
And the third pair spawned about an hour ago. Nice they are all getting it over with on the same day, huh? One pair yet to go, tho.

NO! I do not want babies. Babies mean more tanks and I want to start getting some other fish.

~Erik3.8.07~
09-12-2007, 10:58 PM
wow there must lots of love in your air:1luvu: if i had room i would get a big tank and raise the fry and sell them to make some extra cash

squirt_12
09-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah why don't you just let 1 batch hatch and sell the fry to your LFS.???
Thats what i would do if one of my fish in my tank would spawn.
lol

Lady Hobbs
09-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Even when I let nature take it's course, the eggs generally die or the parents eat them. I've had them right to the wiggler stage and 4 hours later every one is gone.

I have no where to sell young around here or might take a stab at it but having 9 angels now is about 6 more than I want.

tropfish
09-13-2007, 12:31 AM
It seems things are finslly starting to work out for you...when you don't want spawns...haha you're fish have a weird sense of humor.

*Sarah*
09-13-2007, 01:14 AM
aw that sucks that u don't have a place to sell them. I'm sure my lfs would LOVE to have them.

Drumachine09
09-13-2007, 01:35 AM
It seems things are finslly starting to work out for you...when you don't want spawns...haha you're fish have a weird sense of humor.

I think they do it because they like the reaction they get out of her :hmm3grin2orange: