PDA

View Full Version : should i worry about my hardness?

genocidex
07-03-2012, 08:48 PM
i want to breed either rcs or amano shrimp for food purposes. my gh and kh are about 2 degrees or 35 ppm as the chart says. i want the shrimp to develop fast and healthy. should i add something to the water to increase the hardness? and will the shrimp die apon being placed im my tank that im feeding them too? just wondering.

also are amano and rcs's breeding potential the same? if you had to choose one for food what would you choose? they will be going in a 10g all on there own with some moss of some sort and maybe some drift wood but im not sure.

Brhino
07-03-2012, 09:02 PM
I don't know much about hardness. I was going to make a joke about what you do if it persists for more than four hours but hey, I guess I just did.

Anyhow, to answer the part of your question that I can: RCS breed like rabbits. Amanos, on the other hand, are very difficult to breed. The larva have to start in saltwater and be gradually changed to freshwater, or something crazy like that. Certainly not something you want to do for feeder shrimp.

genocidex
07-03-2012, 09:07 PM
rcs it is then ty brhino. and lol

genocidex
07-05-2012, 07:55 PM
does any one have any input on wether or not i should add something to the water so the shrimps grow healthy?

wijnands
07-05-2012, 08:11 PM
The subject of this thread reminds me of a certain kind of spam.

Anyway.. nah, I wouldn't not unless you get moulting issues with your shrimp