PDA

View Full Version : M.I.A One clown loach

Lady Hobbs
09-11-2007, 10:32 PM
One of my clowns is gone. No where to be found and no body. I know when fish die loaches will eat them so guess something happened and his pals devoured him but why did he die I wonder. They were all very healthy, nice coloring, active and eating well. Darn it! Now I only have 5.

Dave66
09-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Check in your filter and under the gravel. Botia like to get into the oddest places. Part of their charm.

Dave

zackish
09-11-2007, 10:44 PM
I would like under every rock and stuff and outside around the tank.

Lady Hobbs
09-11-2007, 10:48 PM
I've looked everywhere. Actually took the wood and rocks right out of there in search of him. Glass top so he couldn't get out. No decorations to get caught in (which is how I lost my other one.)

zackish
09-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Dam, they cleaned him out good then.

Dave66
09-11-2007, 10:52 PM
They like to swim upstream and rest in HOB filter outflows. Do you use them, Hobbs? Take a look inside, or just remove the media and see if he swims out.

Dave

Dave66
09-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Unlikely, zack. I used to keep eight or nine different Botia sp. in my tank. Even had little dario lay its eggs in a HOB, had 28 little guys swimming around it. Botia are houdini's, now you see 'em, now you don't. I know I've got 12 dario and lecontei in one tank, but only once in a blue moon do I see all 12. You figure it'd be easy since they are six inches long.

Dave

crackatinny
09-11-2007, 11:11 PM
My nephew had 1 jump out of the tank, this amazed me, as mine never go above about 2 thirds up the tank.

Lady Hobbs
09-11-2007, 11:32 PM
I looked everywhere. Even behind the tank. I think he was lunch for the other guys.

crackatinny
09-12-2007, 12:15 AM
I looked everywhere. Even behind the tank. I think he was lunch for the other guys.

I have seen them eat a tetra in a very short time, so highly possible.

How big are yours Hobbs, mine are very slow growing, the tiny yoyos I bought are as big as mine now (about 4inch)

Alyxandra
09-22-2007, 05:15 PM
I had a clown loach pull the dissapearing act on me once as well. I took everything out of the tank, expecting to find his body, and nothing... later in the day after I'd put all the decor and such back in the tank, out he swims. No clue how he could have been hidden in there, with nothing to hide him. They are little devils.

I've had two plecos dissapear as well, but they never turned up. I guess the loaches ate them? Whenever I have a fish go missing, I never find the corpse. Even if it's only been missing for a couple of hours.

Lady Hobbs
09-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Mine are also about 4 inches Crack. He never appeared again so guess he got killed. I highly suspect that one angel of mine since he also killed my neons and danios.