PDA

View Full Version : DIY Sites?

MeganL3985
09-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Can anyone recommend some good sites to find some cool DIY stuff? I'm not finding anything interesting......

gm72
09-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Umm, start here. In what topics are you interested?

MeganL3985
09-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Just some decor for the tank. My tanks only a 29 so I can't get to involved with the big bulky backgrounds (even though they're nice). I was thinking more like some small decor like different types of caves, rocks, plant setups, maybe ideas for aquascape, etc.

cocoa_pleco
09-10-2007, 01:25 AM
theres the coconut cave, PVC pipe cave, and lots more. just ask!

Dave66
09-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Just some decor for the tank. My tanks only a 29 so I can't get to involved with the big bulky backgrounds (even though they're nice). I was thinking more like some small decor like different types of caves, rocks, plant setups, maybe ideas for aquascape, etc.

There are lots and lots out there, Megan. There are terra cotta caves designed for plecos available, and they look good covered with algae and/or java moss. Dark grey granite is available cheap, and is inert.
I'm a planted tank freak (though some would argue I'm other kinds) so I'm a driftwood/rock/cave and tons of plants guy. For your inspiration: http://www.aquaristics.com/ada-gallery.php.
I use window-tinting film on the back of some tanks, airbrushed clear acrylics on others.

Dave