PDA

View Full Version : Got a question about B. Pennywort

Lady Hobbs
06-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Many of my leaves are littered with tiny holes. Not sure what it's ailing as it gets fertilizer like everything else in the tank. I noticed my shrimp are always hanging out in this plant and I have to wonder if perhaps the shrimp are eating it. I have removed it from the tank for now to cut all these holey leaves off it but wish I knew what was doing it.

Any ideas out there?

dbosman
06-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Generally, tiny holes in the leaves indicates a potassium deficiency.

Lady Hobbs
06-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Could very well be. Will try to up the dosage a tad. Hard to believe I'm having a problem growing a weed. :)

Thanks

Lady Hobbs
06-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Oh brother! The internet is something so helpful. I was reading about this plant yesterday and someone wrote:

"My shrimp are all afraid of floating plants. They run and hide when floaters are in the tank and when I remove the plant, the shrimp appear again."

REALLY? Shrimp are scared of a plant? I never knew shrimp were emotional. LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/carolo/Siggies/facepalm5.jpg

JudyW
06-16-2012, 01:50 PM
That is silly. My shrimp are all in the B. Pennywort as well. No "fear" showing in those strange elevated eyes. By the way, there are no holes in the leaves. They do show some interveinal chlorosis which makes me think they may be heavy feeders.

MCHRKiller
06-16-2012, 02:46 PM
I also second the potassium deficiency....it will still grow like a spastic weed you will just have holey leaves. :14:

Lady Hobbs
06-16-2012, 03:04 PM
I attached it to wood and also put it under the water surface in a different tank. It could be too much light on them but I have upped the ferts in that tank.