PDA

View Full Version : auratus

cocoa_pleco
09-08-2007, 03:13 AM
ive got a question for fishguy!

i dont really have a interest for my peacocks anymore, so i found a lady who has a 75g for them and she wants them. im selling the 2 zebras and 2 hybrid peacocks for 10$ total or trade for some other fish or plants. anywho, that way the auratus could get out of his 5g and into the 30g. hes been alone all his life (mainly due to his grouchiness) but i would try tankmates with him in the 30g. what could go with him?

Drumachine09
09-08-2007, 03:24 AM
Maybe other auratus? With the obvious HEAVILY decorating of the tank to reduce the amount of times they see eachother. Do you know how to sex them? A breeding pair would be cool, plus you can sell them for cash! Whats your filtration like?

cocoa_pleco
09-08-2007, 03:27 AM
lol, big a$$ filtration, resun canister for 220G. lol, its a huge canister. im thinking if i were to make a mega rock stack and put in a female (think i have a male, theyre hard to sex) i could breed them. i first need that person to pick up the peacocks

Fishguy2727
09-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Auratus are one of the easiest to sex. The juveniles and the females have the same coloration, yellow with a few black lines. The mature males have the reverse, a brown-black body with a few vanilla yellow lines. I would do auratus (regular and/or albino) in a group of about one male and three or four females.

cocoa_pleco
09-08-2007, 04:17 PM
thanks! so i have a female now then. so i'll try getting 3 more females and a male then