PDA

View Full Version : internet bettas

blu
09-05-2007, 05:31 AM
In another post Bettatalk.com was mentioned I have seen the site and the bettas look really nice so i have wanted to get a pair there for quite a while . Has anyone had expeience buying from her? If so are they really good quality?

radiant sea snail
09-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi, the post you were referring to is mine. I was interested in bettatalk.com

I have since learned more about it; and now I'm not so sure.

I hear her bettas are grossly overpriced, as you can find many gorgeous specimens on Aqua Bid from Thailand for just a bit more in shipping than she charges. I've heard great things about the imported bettas!

I'm on www.ultimatebettas.com, and this is where I read about bettatalk. Someone on there ordered a satin flame pair and was heavily disappointed in the quality of the bettas. They said Faith (of bettatalk) talked up her stock big time.

Another person ordered a bunch and was pretty happy. However, since discovering Aqua Bid and other sellers, they probably won't be ordering from bettatalk again.

Again, I'm only reporting to you the experiences I've read through on the ultimate bettas forum. The general consensus there is that Faith scams newbies. That her bettas are not ''all that," and are sometimes really not very attractive at all.

However, she still gets incredible reviews. I haven't fully made up my mind as of yet.

Others have in great detail told me the procedure of bidding on a betta from Thailand on Aqua Bid (the transhipping details, etc), and I'm not as nervous about that anymore. Most people on the ultimate bettas forum swear by this method.

I'd suggest reading through posts on ultimate bettas by typing 'bettatalk' into the UB search engine. Then, I'd say go with your gut feeling.

http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&client=pub-3957457725978723&cof=FORID%3A1%3BGL%3A1%3BLBGC%3A336699%3BBGC%3A%23 191b21%3BT%3A%2399c9ff%3BLC%3A%23f2984c%3BVLC%3A%2 3663399%3BGALT%3A%2378B749%3BGFNT%3A%23808080%3BGI MP%3A%23808080%3B&domains=www.ultimatebettas.com&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q=bettatalk&btnG=Search&sitesearch=www.ultimatebettas.com

Here's the search to get you started. Good luck!

blu
09-05-2007, 07:29 PM
thanks for the advice I will definitly check out those web sites to see what I can find

radiant sea snail
09-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Good luck. The best thing you can do is arm yourself with knowledge.

Many members of ultimate bettas will adopt fish out for free plus shipping or sell you gorgeous fish for as low as $10 each plus shipping. There is a section on the forum just for that! As well as a section where people rate their online experiences.

http://www.ultimatebettas.com/index.php?showforum=33

blu
09-05-2007, 08:38 PM
very very thankful you showed me ultimatebettas....now I dont think I will be buying from bettatalk sad though the bettas looked nice..I guess its better that I wont be disappointed

radiant sea snail
09-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Your welcome!

I know what you mean, I'm still so tempted. But I hear that usually the bettas she sells don't look as awesome as her strain photos.

I do believe she has satisfied customers. I just think the cost is probably the biggest turn off. I have seen more awesome colored bettas from Thailand for so much less. But ultimately it's totally up to you.

My thing is that if I see a betta that makes me really flutter and my gut says 'yeah!', I get it.

You never know, I could go completely crazy and splurge on some of her bettas at Christmas. :ezpi_wink1:

radiant sea snail
09-06-2007, 05:34 AM
I'll be adopting a yellow cambodian female courtesy of UB. Definitely look at the classifieds!

I hear www.luvmybetta.com is highly recommended. She is low on stock, though, at this time, so you'll just have to see what she has. She is also a transhipper.

blu
09-06-2007, 10:38 PM
many of there bettas look nice so I might adopt from there

Good Luck with the female!!thumbs2: She sounds pretty.