PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Carpinte & Texas Cichlid

Juannie
09-05-2007, 02:29 AM
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two? I am being given a fish which looks like either one with beautiful aqua colouring on it, I need to figure out what it is to see what it is suitable to be re-homed with. It's currently in a 5 x1x1foot tank with Convicts at it's hold home, I am taking them this weekend.

Fishguy2727
09-05-2007, 01:48 PM
There are two species of texas cichlids. Those are the two. One gets larger and the coloring on mature individuals is different.

Juannie
09-06-2007, 05:14 AM
Aha, thanks for that is makes sense why they look similar now. I am being given one is it safe to put it in with my oscar & pleco, otherwise with the jag if not with the others. It is currently in with convicts now in the 5x1x1 tank (I'm being given) and is pretty happy so far, but I've read they get fairly aggressive.

Fishguy2727
09-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Can't say for sure. It depends on everyone's size and individual aggression levels. You may just have to try one, then the other, until something works.

Juannie
09-10-2007, 05:14 AM
Thanks for that, I've tried all of them in the same tank and so far so good. Let's hope it stays that way.