PDA

View Full Version : My cat is confused about her species

TheVoldevader
04-29-2012, 05:36 AM
She chirps like a bird, jumps like a rabbit, loves to swim, fetches and retrieves balls, and eats fish food.

I mean, I don't feed it to her on purpose.

But if I'm feeding the fish and not paying attention, she'll wack it out of my hand and vaccuum it off the carpet. She goes crazy for the thing. And not just the shrimp pellets, not just the seafood medley ... that I can understand. But the veggie flakes. The tropical flakes. THE ALGEA WAFERS.

Just felt like sharing :hmm3grin2orange:

Crispy
04-29-2012, 06:31 AM
my cat goes for fish food. hearing the can or bag get shaken really drives her nuts. sounds like her treats I guess. but a cat that swims? WOW!

Old Marine
04-29-2012, 07:27 AM
I never liked Cats, until i meet my Wife 25 years ago {She Loves cats} We have 2. They are very interesting and lots of times a little Weird, They will do things that i watch in amazement at times and just shake my head. I can say though that yours is very unique that it likes Water, Our Cats avoid it at all Costs!

Rue
04-29-2012, 02:00 PM
...mine like the fish food too...including the veggie stuff...

Cyberra
04-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Dunno what Casper would have thought of the fish food... She'd been dead a year before I started keeping fish. But she seriously thought she was human.

She also loved playing floor hockey with bottle caps and live junebugs, and would play fetch with sucker sticks and drinking straws and bouncy balls

aeviette
06-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Mine LOVE fish food. They steal the tubs (meaty stuff and algae wafers) and spend hours trying to get in. Once I caught one with a bag of dried bloodworms which she'd opened on the sofa. She was having a lovely time, I was not. But then this is the cat who'll eat anything that she thinks could be food- goes nuts for rabbit treats and soya milk. Daft thing.

rmiller
06-05-2012, 05:58 PM
When I was a kid, I had a cat named Bob. One day I was skipping rocks on the pond and Bob decided he needed to chase them. He ran half way across the pond before realizing 1 he was on water and 2 he didn't like the water.

Demjor19
06-05-2012, 07:01 PM
LOL! Our Bengal loves fish food too! Wierd! I have even given him f/d Krill before...He loves it all!

P.s. You have a cute kitty! thumbs2:

TheVoldevader
06-05-2012, 07:52 PM
LOL! Our Bengal loves fish food too! Wierd! I have even given him f/d Krill before...He loves it all!

P.s. You have a cute kitty! thumbs2:

Thank you! :11:

Gosh, maybe we can conclude all cats are strange

ekfishlover2011
06-06-2012, 03:20 AM
my cat likes fish food. and fish water. XP Hes so nasty. If i put down my jar of fish food because i see something im looking at in the tank or something, he runs over and stuffs his face in. And ive actually caught him before climbing up on the thing where i keep my 10gal so that he could drink the water. No interest in the fish, just the nasty fish water.

Fishkeeper
06-07-2012, 04:12 AM
I used to have a goldfish in a bowl (don't yell! It was five years ago, and he quickly got upgraded!) and our cat would drink out of the bowl, but never bothered the fish. He also loves fish food, and he's stolen the cans a few times. Yes, we can definitely conclude that all cats are strange. Our young kitty used to drink out of my tank, until my huge (4"!) female betta chomped his nose. Now he just sits and watches them. Sometimes he pokes a paw at them, but he doesn't really seem to understand that they're much deeper than the surface. He's not trying to catch them, but he does love playing 'poke the female betta when she comes up for food'. He keeps his claws in, or I'd stop him.