PDA

View Full Version : Corys are not the same

Lady Hobbs
09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
The 3 new corys I got are the bomb. They are everywhere in the tank, on the wood, eating around the base of the plants, digging in the gravel, swimming up and down the glass. My panda was excited to see the new ones for about 2 minutes then went back into his "nothing" mode. I hope he moves around a bit at night as he sure gets no exercise during the day. :c5:

And now a mention of one platy I have. He's (she's) possibly just old but another one that just lays around on the gravel all day long. Never moves unless I reach in and move it. I always have to search for her to see if she's still alive. She's been like this for months. Just a blob in the gravel. Ya think the old girl is just worn out? She's nothing like she was in my avator.

TowBoater
09-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Yea, how many do you have in there? They like to be in a small school.

Lady Hobbs
09-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I only have 4 in my 20 gallon. The new ones are very active. The panda is b-o-r-i-n-g. Possibly because the others are a different species? Who knows but he is one lazy one.

TowBoater
09-03-2007, 04:48 PM
My cories only school with those of the same species, albinos with albinos and so on. That should be enough platys to make them happy.

gm72
09-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Agreed with Kuli. I have 3 varieties of corys in one of the 40 long tanks and they don't school together, they stick to their own kind.

SkarloeysMom
09-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Maybe the panda just needs a little more time since he's been alone for a while. Hopefully he'll perk up soon having some new friends. I'd keep a close eye on him though. Seems to me that if a cory is not working then something must be wrong.

I have one different species in my cory shoal and they all shoal together sometimes but then other times they don't. They are almost always busy though.

Lady Hobbs
09-03-2007, 05:57 PM
I thought him being the only panda may make a different. Now to get more panda's!

Thanks everyone

cocoa_pleco
09-03-2007, 05:59 PM
lol, panda party!

TowBoater
09-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Yea I say get pandas although they are like 10$ each here.

RobbieG
09-03-2007, 06:27 PM
O've got a large anubias in my 72 - about half the cories in that tank act normal (zipping all over) the others spend all day laying on the leaves!