PDA

View Full Version : can a cracked or broken tank frame be glued?

billandkerri001
04-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Hello everyone I had my old 40 gal stored and now its all cleaned up and both the top and bottom frames are cracked. With all of the glues on the market now can they be repaired?

Goes to 11!
04-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Don't repair, Replace.

Frames for your 40 are available here (http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=43) for 14$ each. You may want to call them to insure that the top/bottom are identical for your purposes.

Cliff
04-28-2012, 12:55 AM
+1 to the above

It's not the difficult to replace a top frame of a tank. That way you will know it will hold and not have to worry about a repair failing

billandkerri001
04-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Thats what I have always done in the past is replaced and not repaired. I was online and found a place in Tn to order them from. Called them and got the price for the two with silicone and shipping. Was just curious about the new glues. Thanks guys...

Lady Hobbs
04-28-2012, 01:45 AM
I called Aqueon (All Glass) and asked them why they didn't sell frames a few months ago. They told me they did and to ask any of the pet stores to place an order. I'm not sure if the All Glass frames fit all tanks, tho. I think there's a really slight difference but a difference that might matter.

billandkerri001
04-28-2012, 01:55 AM
Lady hobbs I called glasscages.com in Tn and there really reasonable. The frames for my tank size are only 13 bucks apeice and a large tube of silicone is like 6 or 7 bucks and 15 bucks shipping. There minimum order is 15 bucks and if the order is placed early enough it ships same day.