PDA

View Full Version : DIY Tank Divider

Cyberra
04-21-2012, 06:31 AM
I need a divider for my 5-gallon tank so I can split it between Rainbow and Comet, and get Comet out of that tiny pickle jar. Unfortunately, the lfs only carries dividers for tanks 10 gallons and up, and cannot order one in a smaller size (I asked). So, please, tell me how to make a divider for this tank.

Please realize that I have never done DIY ANYTHING when it comes to my aquariums. Complicated instructions will go right over my head. Please help me, and please explain things clearly.

Cecile1
04-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Just type it into google and there are alot of easy, picture step by steps out there.

Aeonflame
04-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Get one of those thick plastic sheeted binders that have the plastic rib that the paper slides into. You will need two of those ribs or one cut in half, depending on the height of the tank

Silicone/supegrlue the two pieces of rib to the inside of the tank facing each other. Then simply slide the plastic sheet into them. Personally I would cut slits in the sheet to promote proper water flow if both sides will not be filtered.