PDA

View Full Version : Got my panda cory some company

Lady Hobbs
09-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Went to the store for algae eaters and this knuckle-head was trying to sell me a pleco. I asked him did he know how large they got.

Anyway, grabbed 3 corys to keep my lonely panda company. Don't know what kind they are but they're all larger than he (?) is and he's been with me for some time. They're just all grey. Nothing too lovely. It was cute to see them for the first time together. The new ones are digging around the plants in the gravel. Probably never seen gravel before but they will be digging up topsoil if they dig too far. I just hope they eat some algae.

The sunset platies were on sale so I grabbed 4 of them too but I don't know how long they will last. The angels don't care for them much.........big surprise there, huh!

Lady Hobbs
09-01-2007, 10:23 PM
http://elmersaquarium.com/image_fish/01catfish_cory.jpg

Looks identical. Name of this one?

AquaQueen
09-01-2007, 10:27 PM
I get a kick out of how dumb some of the employees at the store can be. It surprises me that it dont effect business...you know?

Ooo I like the sunset platys they are nice and bright colored. I wonder what kin of Cory's you got...Are you gonna try to snap some pics of them?? So we can play name that fish...lol The angels dont even like themselves what made you think they'd like the platys?...JK they are such punks for you though, they dont give anything a chance....lol. I'm looking forward to hearing the war stories to come....hahaha

AquaQueen
09-01-2007, 10:28 PM
geez I guess you were already on top of getting a picture of them huh...lol
They are cute lil corys too...I am gonna take a look-see...hehehe

TowBoater
09-01-2007, 10:31 PM
possible emerald? Does it have a green tint to it? I have albinos, emeralds, and peppered.

SkarloeysMom
09-01-2007, 10:45 PM
It could be Elegans Cory Cat http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=930

TowBoater
09-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Yea, I knew there was another but I forgot what it was.

Dave66
09-01-2007, 11:26 PM
That's good ole Corydoras aeneus you have there, Hobbs :). The color is the wrong shade for elegans, folks, and when they are small, they are speckled and have horizontal stripes on their posterior. When yours grow up, Hobbs, they'll get the usual endearing chunky look.

Dave

cocoa_pleco
09-01-2007, 11:29 PM
MAN i hate dumb workers. one time i went to petsmart and asked for 5 albino cory's, and i got 5 whiteskirt tetras.

tropfish
09-01-2007, 11:51 PM
god, those workers are horrible sometimes lol, cute cories hobbs!

TowBoater
09-02-2007, 12:21 AM
I would be some kind of POED if that happened to me.

SkarloeysMom
09-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Last time I got corys from Petsmart I got 4 Spotted and a Juli cory. I was supposed to get 5 Spotted but since the Juli seems to really like the others I just kept him.

freshwaterfishlover
09-02-2007, 02:42 AM
I have 3 in my 29 gallon. They are Bronze Cories or Brochis Cories. My favorite looking cories are Sterbas Cories. I am not into Cories with Multi color spots or stripes.

Lady Hobbs
09-02-2007, 02:47 AM
It could be Elegans Cory Cat http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=930

If not this cory, it looks identical. I think you hit on it. My panda was pathletic alone. Never did anything but sit on the bottom by himself. I never saw him swim, eat, do anything. Now he's ripping around the tank...being leader to the new ones. lolol

Lady Hobbs
09-02-2007, 02:49 AM
This was not a picture of mine. It was a pic I stole off the net trying to get on ID on mine. Glad you thought I could take such a good shot tho.......especially since my batteries are dead. LOL

SkarloeysMom
09-02-2007, 02:54 AM
My panda was pathletic alone. Never did anything but sit on the bottom by himself. I never saw him swim, eat, do anything. Now he's ripping around the tank...being leader to the new ones. lolol

Its so great that your little panda is happy again. They are such cool little fish. I have quite a soft spot for corys but you probably know that by now. I just love my new cory crew.

TowBoater
09-02-2007, 02:58 AM
I love my herd as well, I have 9 in my 55g and they love it in there.:19:

freshwaterfishlover
09-02-2007, 03:07 AM
I love the bigger Cories like 3" Sterbas Cories $25 each.