PDA

View Full Version : Severum and Firemouth?

TowBoater
09-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Will this work? I didn't think today, I had to part with 2 angels because my others had formed a paired and the others were being picked out badly. I went and I got 20$ of credit for the two which was awesome and I spotted some firemouths and I decided to get one. Now I wasn't thinking ok and I already have a severum. Will they be ok together? They have done spotted each other and the severum did a deal like I am to boss deal but didn't chase him and went to the other side of the tank. The firemouth is about 3" and the severum is 5", will they be fine?

tropfish
09-01-2007, 09:52 PM
this is your 55g right? what other tankmates are in the tank?

Lady Hobbs
09-01-2007, 10:03 PM
According to Tims Compatiblity charts (in tank set up) they are compatible. As compatible as cichlids get, I suppose.

I see your time had come for angel issues. Whole different ballgame when the pairing off starts. I sure wish I could get rid of mine at $10 each. I want to keep two but the rest could go bye-bye if I could find them a good home.

tropfish
09-01-2007, 10:05 PM
i am trying to rehome my buenos aires and the goldfish too, but its hard finding ppl.

The severum's are relatively shy and alot less aggressive, if the firemouth flares his gills, the severum is likely to back away. There shouldn't be any fighting amongst them.

TowBoater
09-01-2007, 10:26 PM
I have a severum, 2 angels, 4 mollies, 9 corys, and the new firemouth. They are all getting along fine now, they both stay on different sides of the tank. Man the firemouth is smaller than I though, he is about 2- 2 1/2 " long but they still leave eachother alone and he backs away from the severum, he has plenty of places the severum can't get either to help avoid to possible aggression of the larger fish such as floating plants, lots of plants, and a rock pile.

Juannie
09-05-2007, 02:10 AM
I guess you just need to make sure they have lots of hiding places and a big enough tank. I have 2 severums, 1 firemouth, 1 gourami, corys, suckermouth atfish, a whte red tail shark & too many kribs and I have absolutely no fighting whatsoever oh and tetras! GOOD LUCK

TowBoater
09-05-2007, 02:43 AM
They are doing fine together, they swim by each other all the time, he loves it in there although the severum is over twice his size. No fighting and hopefully it will stay that way.