PDA

View Full Version : Dying wisteria

Skrippdaddy13
04-16-2012, 04:19 AM
my wisteria was doing great until i propagated them and then added anacharis and dwarf water lettuce. now lettuce roots and leaves are starting to turn brown and disintegrate as well. is anacharis stealing all nutrients from the others. i have 2 diy co2 bottles, 96 watts of 6500k t5 ho lighting, flourish root tabs and dose flourish ferts twice a week. do i need more ferts. is it dangerous to dose more than i should just to see if it helps? thanx for any advice.:fish2:

Dave66
04-16-2012, 05:05 AM
Sounds like it is starved for light after you added those floating plants. Of course, when's the last time you put in root tabs? Wisteria is awfully hard to kill long as it gets good light and an iron-rich substrate.

Dave

Dave

Skrippdaddy13
04-16-2012, 05:18 AM
fresh root tabs have been in for two weeks. lettuce doesnt even cover half the surface, bottom of tank looks well lit, and anacharis is planted in substrate on the opposite side of tank from wisteria. anacharis is bright green top to bottom and growing like everyone said it would but the other plants seem to be suffering. about the same time i added anacharis i also switched to flourish, i was using api leaf zone before and my wisteria were crazy. looked on bottles and seachem flourish is much lower in potash than leaf zone, maybe the culprit? thanx for the help.

Skrippdaddy13
04-16-2012, 05:26 AM
I didnt mean to give the wrong explanation but my wisteria still has new growth, but the new growth is bright for about two days, then the leaves start getting holes in them and the holes grow until the leaf is dead and just falls off. im gonna move the lettuce to another tank just to see. also orderd micro macro blend from aquariumfertilizer.com , should be here this week.