PDA

View Full Version : How long did you kept a crawfish?

aqua101
04-11-2012, 10:24 PM
hmmmmmm....
How I see it is that I helped take care for a crawfish and they are pretty hardy especially the Procambarus clarkii from louisiana. I was wondering how long you have took care of a crawfish because ours lasted for 5-6 months in a tank ewith a diet of pond pellets and mosquito larvae. Im quit a expert on this so feel free to have any QAsthumbs2:

LionelC
04-12-2012, 01:14 PM
I have one in my 36 gallon. Acctually he is a suvivor from a crawfish boil we had a couple months back. He has quickly became my wifes favorite. We feed him a mixture of vegtables and ocational piece of turkey or ham cold cuts.

I am supprised at how much he eats and I wonder if I am over or under feeding him?

LionelC

aqua101
04-12-2012, 10:47 PM
I have one in my 36 gallon. Acctually he is a suvivor from a crawfish boil we had a couple months back. He has quickly became my wifes favorite. We feed him a mixture of vegtables and ocational piece of turkey or ham cold cuts.

I am supprised at how much he eats and I wonder if I am over or under feeding him?

LionelC
Well it depends on the size of the crayfish and how much it can consume in five minutes most of the time but its fine how much you feed your crawfish and good luck because they are hardy animals