PDA

View Full Version : freshwater crabs

*Sarah*
08-31-2007, 07:26 PM
are they ok to put in my 100gal? how big will they get? They look really cool, my lfs had some, and just wondering if theyr'e safe and if they will eat my other fish...? thanks guys.

*Sarah*
08-31-2007, 07:38 PM
Never mind. I answered my own question and looked it up...for the record, NO, they don't have gills and need access to the surface...so they aren't good for aquariums. Also, they are capable of catching and eating small fish.

MeganL3985
08-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Hahaha I loooooove those guys! They have them at my local Petsmart. They've got a bunch of styrofoam pieces that float in the tank for them to come out of the water. I looooove messin with them by waving my hand over the top slowly. All I can picture is the finding nemo crabs "Hey! Hey! Hey!" lmao!! :hmm3grin2orange:

*Sarah*
08-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Hahaha I loooooove those guys! They have them at my local Petsmart. They've got a bunch of styrofoam pieces that float in the tank for them to come out of the water. I looooove messin with them by waving my hand over the top slowly. All I can picture is the finding nemo crabs "Hey! Hey! Hey!" lmao!! :hmm3grin2orange:
lmao we were saying the exact same thing! "hey hey hey!"

cocoa_pleco
08-31-2007, 09:57 PM
i used to have a few in a 20g, they were fun!