PDA

View Full Version : Red Thai Crab ....refugium?

subzero772
04-10-2012, 05:39 AM
Hi i recently bought red thai crabs, two of them, and i noticed while doing research they dont need air to survive, but they like it, and it helps prolong their life and somehow keeping them a bit more healthy.

I would like to know if it's a possibility i could build them a getaway refugium equivalent to this crabs standards so they can get some air and chill out for a little while during the day or a whole day perhaps? They cant get out of the water at all.

Any info or suggestions would greatly be appreciated! I'm trying my hardest to become a good aquarium owner haha... Thanks for reading!

subzero772
04-10-2012, 07:02 PM
would really like to know if anyone has an idea on this! thanks!

KatzeSlaugen
04-10-2012, 07:04 PM
i have no answers for you honestly but give it some time. a lot of people on this forum have school and work so give it a day or two before bumping your post please.

evilhorde
04-10-2012, 10:39 PM
I have a red claw crab (same thing?) and it spends about half of it's time out of the water. Sometimes for days at a stretch.
I just have rocks and ornaments piled up in one end and a lowered water level to allow the crab places to get out of the water.