PDA

View Full Version : latest pics of 65-gallon

mermaidwannabe
04-07-2012, 05:57 AM
Here is a recent photo of my 65-gallon coldwater ... Enjoy.

mermaidwannabe
04-07-2012, 06:01 AM
For some reason, it didn't post the thumbnail. Just click on the attachment and it should enlarge for you, anyway ... weird ...

-- mermaid

mermaidwannabe
04-07-2012, 04:37 PM
You experts in the photo posting arena:

Most of my pics post automatically as thumbnails, but some, like the one above, will only post my file name with a tiny blank square and a pindot in the middle of it. The enlarged photo can only be seen when someone clicks on the file name, but they don't get to see any thumbnail, first.

I find it totally unpredictable as to which way my photos post, and it appears I have no control over it. I would like for them ALL to post as thumbnails.

I use the exact same method of uploading every time, and upload from the exact same source (my computer). All the photos are stored in exactly the same place on my computer. There is nothing that I do differently, except to resize them if they're too large, via a separate photo resizing program. I use that same program for resizing every time, and I do it in exactly the same way.

Any suggestions for getting consistent thumbnail postings?

-- mermaidwannabe

Cliff
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Have you tried setting up a photo bucket account so you can insert the photos in your posts instead?

PhillipOrigami
04-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Or just using tinypic. Or imageshack. Or....

mermaidwannabe
04-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Is there an option available through the "manage attachments" function of this forum that will enable me to select that I want all of my pics to post as thumbnails instead of file text? As it currently stands, I never know which way they're going to present -- when the uploads finish, either the colorful thumbnail icon appears or the blank box with the pindot, which I know is the other. Can I change the latter to the former through some selection process?

I have been over to photobucket, and quite frankly, I have no idea how to navigate it. It doesn't appear user friendly, to me.

I've never even heard of those other programs.

I use a photo reducing program with my HP all-in-one printer. It allows me to store resized pics on my computer for uploading here. I never have a problem with presentation until I try to upload from my computer into this forum.

Anyone have some answers that address this specific situation?

Thanks.

-- mermaid

Old Marine
04-08-2012, 08:37 PM
I would love to see a full size picture of your tank!

MLBfan
04-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Try the gallery... http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/

mermaidwannabe
04-09-2012, 04:21 AM
Thanks, MLB. I'll be posting there, next.

And Old Marine, as soon as I get it resized to fit, I'll post the most recent full tank shot of my 65 ...

-- mermaid