PDA

View Full Version : Cray compatiblity?

Blueknight
04-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Howdy, I am setting up a 75 gal and would like to know what sort of tropical fish you could have with a Blue Knight Crayfish(Cherax destructor). So far I know that these guys are tropical and about their care, but I would like to know what fish are safe with this species. :ssmile:

skullduggery1
04-05-2012, 01:37 AM
Either the fish will be food,or the crayfish will become food eventually.The mexican orange is relatively community safe.

genocidex
04-05-2012, 01:49 AM
if i had a choice then i would do small live bearers, they can reproduce enough that you wont miss the ones that get eaten. although i think there are some fish that stay completely at the top, i think african butterfly fish are one.... but they are predators so idk if the cray would be safe.....

homemadepopcorn
04-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Either the fish will be food,or the crayfish will become food eventually.The mexican orange is relatively community safe.

Agreed. You can't really keep crayfish with fish; someone's got to go. That being said, you could just throw 30 guppies in there. In the end you'll probably come out with more guppies than you can handle.

Tolite
04-08-2012, 05:23 PM
i can tell you you most certainly will i have a cray in with my mollies and she doesn't eat nearly enough that i don't have to still feed the fry to my large tank :3

LaurenAllyson
04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
I have a crayfish with snails, neon tetras and jumbo danios he ate two of the tetras and one of my plants so far. I'm surprised he hasn't got the snails yet, I've seen him try but so far unsuccessful.

Cermet
04-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Hatchetfish always remain at the top unless ill (then called food and it isn't pretty how a crayfish kills but that isn't the point, I guess. :ssuprised: )