PDA

View Full Version : what is this? golden wonder killi

jonny5
04-04-2012, 12:17 AM
my golden wonder killi was attacked about a month and a half ago, been trying to bring him back to health but i just noticed this!!!

his gill is basiclly gone on one side, is this physical trama or some type of gill rot?

cant believe i only saw this now

ridgenesss
04-04-2012, 12:30 AM
it's really hard to say. It's possible that the attack could have caused a type of infection. what are you doing to treat him?

Strider199
04-04-2012, 12:33 AM
I would say a missing gill plate is a physical injury due to an attack or an injury from netting.
The fish can live without the gill cover, but it will always be more vulnerable to both infection and injury, because its gills are unprotected. The red gills may also become a target for attack by other fish in the tank. Your other fish are "mellow" now, but they may not always be so.

jonny5
04-04-2012, 12:46 AM
well i had him in a light brackish tank and didnt even notice gill damage at first, he just wouldnt move from bottom of tank.

So i had him in a breeder net, salinity at 1.002sg, with melafix and primafix.
So i was moving him to my freshwater planted tank when i noticed and took this picture.

jonny5
04-06-2012, 12:01 AM
hmm i also now notic white poop, it is stringy but looks solid and not slimy. Internal parasite?