PDA

View Full Version : Watermelon - pleco drug of choice :o)

fishmommie
03-31-2012, 11:51 PM
After reading about plecos loving watermelon on this thread, I gave some to my new baby pleco today. OMG. He went crazy for it. I've never seen so much tail wiggling and fin flaring. :hmm3grin2orange:
If you haven't given your pleco melon yet, it's really fun to watch. I gave him zucchini earlier in the week and he munched on it a little but he went after that melon like a bear after honey. Cute. :inlove:

homemadepopcorn
03-31-2012, 11:54 PM
How did you prepare it? I've been trying out veggies and zucchini and cucumber work, but no one really eats it with gusto! :(

Whats the special recipe? :hmm3grin2orange:

Cliff
04-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Out of all the veggies my plecos eat, they love watermelon the best, by far

raven
04-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Do you feed them the rind or the good part?

fishmommie
04-01-2012, 12:59 AM
I fed mine the good part. I stacked a piece on a rock and rapped a rubber band around it and sank it. I've got a great photo of 'Pete' and his watermelon but can't figure out how to post it. :o(

Cliff
04-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Same here, I just feed the good part of the watermelon. My plecos will then clean up ALL of it so I don't have to take anything out of the tank, other than the fork I use to keep the watermelon on the bottom of the tank

KatzeSlaugen
04-01-2012, 02:04 AM
mine love watermelon but they love cantelope even more! they can destroy a good sized piece of it in a few hours.