PDA

View Full Version : 33 gallon tank

squirt_12
08-30-2007, 12:36 AM
ok well i have no idea where i would post this so...i put it here. lol
Ok well i will get to the point.
My friend has a tank and she has 1 med angel, 2 blue gouramis, 1 pleco (not very big), 1 blue mystery snail, and 1 clon loach.
So she wants to put some more fish in there but i just can't think of any that could go in there because frankly right now i am having a brain fart and i am tired so i thought i would ask for your advice and what you would put in it??!!!!
Thanks!!!!
:c5:
P.S.
Tha tank is 33 gallons lol

TowBoater
08-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Clown and Pleco can't stay very long, they get to large. Corys are a good alternative for them and Khulis will be a good loach choice for the tank.

squirt_12
08-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Yeah i know.
But like i want a swimming fish like....danio or something like that.
Also she has a terrible time with algae and the snail or pleco don't clean it so is there a fish that will clean that up???
But mainly i just want some fish that will swim nicley around the tank???

AquaQueen
08-30-2007, 12:55 AM
What about some Phantom Tetras? I really love them. Or maybe even 1 or 2 more angels?? Or how about a few smaller fish like neon's? they can live with Gouramis & an Angel.

squirt_12
08-30-2007, 12:58 AM
O i figured that the angel would eat them right up!!??
Well actually i take that back because i gave her angel 4 fedder guppies and her angel just ignored them. But she keeps them happy with bloodworms so that might be why.
lol
Yeah i know she wanted some neons so thats what i think we might get.
lol

gm72
08-30-2007, 01:31 AM
Whatever you decide, please make sure to let her know that the clown loach may get too large for the tank and that the pleco, if it is a common, will grow to well over a foot long. Far too large for that tank.

squirt_12
08-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Yeah i knew that the pleco and the clown loach will get too big but...our LFS has a little thing where they will let us take the big one back and they will give us a little one back for free. IT is sorta a trick because they can make $20-$30 on the big one and th elittle ones are like $1-$5.

Well does anybody else have any ideas of fish that can go into the tank????
I would love a selection to tell my friend to chose from.

gm72
08-30-2007, 01:36 AM
It really depends on what kind of tank your friend is after. 2 posts ago you mentioned neon tetras and that is a good choice.

squirt_12
08-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Yeah...my friend doesn't know much about fish so i have helped them with the tank since they set it up. lol
and she doesn't really care what she gets but she would really love some neons. But i just want to leave the door open so that she has some choices to choose from!!!!
Thanks!!!!!
:c5:

TowBoater
08-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Cory cats are a good choice as well as some live bears like plattys or possible mollies. Tetras are a good choice as well.

squirt_12
08-30-2007, 01:48 AM
Would a fully grown swordtail be good????
They are a nice orange colour (the ones at my LFS) and they are really nice!
Would they work in the tank???

TowBoater
08-30-2007, 01:52 AM
Should be fine but I have trouble keeping them healthy.

AquaQueen
08-30-2007, 02:04 AM
I dont see why not...I have had them in my community tank before they never lasted too long. The only thing is swords(if healthy) are like molly's they are breeders and can take over a tank in no time. There are a lot of different kinds of Tetras out there though, some have really nice coloring too....I love the way Tetra's school they are awesome fish...IMO she should go with a school of those.

squirt_12
08-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Yeah thats what she will probably go with.
Um with you guys saying that the swordtail are ahrd to keep healthy...well i have 6 swordtails (1male 5 female) and wel i have had them for about...2 weeks and they are really healthy and eating good and everything. And about 2 years ago i had one that lived for about 2 years with another female (2 female) so i dunno. I have had alot of luck with fish in my tank.
lol
But thanks for the fish ideas for my friend. I appriciate it.

TowBoater
08-30-2007, 02:18 AM
Mine seem to get ich no matter what I do or just die for no reason, I just can't plain keep them and I think I take good care of my fish so I dunno.

squirt_12
08-30-2007, 02:24 AM
Yeah mine thrive around and just enjoy the tank.
I only feed them: frozen lood worms, frozen brine shrimp, flakes and pellets.
I change this around all of the time so they never expect what to get.
So that attachment (if it worked lol) shows the kind of my swordtails. Well i think that that is the kind because it looks like mine. When i bought them the tank just said 'swordtails' lol.
So that is it or close to what mine look like. THey are just plain and orange.
lol