PDA

View Full Version : Ludwigia Repenss (Broad Leaf) Help

DylanisHawttt
03-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Does anybody grow Ludwigia Repens in a 10g tank or any small tank? I'm asking because for some reason, my Ludwigia Repens seems to bend forward even though the light is right above them and they have roots growing on the bottom node of the stem and I have them shoved like, 2 nodes into the gravel and all of a sudden the stem starts to rot. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm dosing with the following Seachem products: Flourish, Excel, Trace, and Iron. I have Flora-max substrate and a Dual T5HO fixture that's raised about 4-5" above the top of my tank.

Lady Hobbs
03-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Probably the flow of the filter is pushing them forward like in my tank! You can grow them in a 10 but they have to cut back constantly. They grow out of the water in a 55 gallon.

DylanisHawttt
03-22-2012, 09:03 PM
I can see new growth and I'm like, "how long did that take?!" and it feels like it's taking years to grow and everyone says it grows like a weed!

But do you think moving it would help it?

Lady Hobbs
03-22-2012, 09:04 PM
It does. Perhaps it needs some ferts or better growing substrate.

DylanisHawttt
03-22-2012, 09:08 PM
That's what I mean, I have Flora-Max and I've grown everything in Flora-Max and I use Root Tabs under my bigger plants. I just want to figure out why I can't grow Ludwigia Repens like everyone else :scry: