PDA

View Full Version : odd lil pleco

livevil_ryoko
03-21-2012, 05:02 PM
I have one of ur run of the mill petco plecostemous. please forgive me for not knowing his specific breed. iv had him for a while and he's been a trouper thru many blunders as he is one of my first ever. including surviving nitrite poisoning asmy roommate accidentally assassinated all of my other fish. currently he seems real healthy however recently iv noticed an orange tint at the ends of his fins. does anyone kno Wat this means and is it cause for any alarm?

Dave66
03-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Just maturity actually. Count the dorsal fin rays. If there's less than 10 you have a common pleco that'll grow to foot long. More than ten, you've got the common that the big chain pet stores stock. It'll grow to 18 inches if it's a male, two feet if it's a female.

No worries on the color. However, keep your roommate from touching your tank ever again.

Dave

livevil_ryoko
03-21-2012, 07:00 PM
thanx Dave! u were helpful in more ways than one as now I kno I'll have to come up with more space! :-D (which btw I'm not sad about) and dnt worry. she's been forbidden to play with the fish. look,but,dnt touch!