PDA

View Full Version : meet Bubbles

radiant sea snail
08-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Last evening I was tidying up my house and of course I had been thinking of bettas all weekend. I found myself washing up my 1.5-2 gallon, adding conditioner, etc.

I told my husband I was heading to my LFS, and he jokingly said don't buy a fish.

I went in, browsed at some things, got a silk plant, then went to look at the bettas. The only male I cared for was of a yellow tinge and made me want to call him Lemon Poppy Seed. There were some big females, but I chose the runt, the smallest one there.

Right now her home is pretty huge for her. She's so small my male betta could eat her (they are in separate rooms). She's been hiding in her cave and in between her stones on the bottom when she's not swimming around the surface.

Her face is the sweetest little face on a fish. The name 'Bubbles' just sort of came out. It's so cute to watch her flare because her little fins are so tiny.

We can't wait to watch her grow!

squirt_12
08-28-2007, 06:57 PM
How long do you think she is right now???

radiant sea snail
08-28-2007, 07:01 PM
I have no idea!

Arkie
08-29-2007, 01:14 AM
nice to meet bubbles, very cute

AquaQueen
08-29-2007, 01:32 AM
awww she is a doll...the name fit her too. GL with her.

TowBoater
08-29-2007, 01:36 AM
Pretty little girl. Congrats on her and may she live a long and healthy life!!

MeganL3985
08-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Awe isn't she a cutie!!!! :) I love the colors! Have fun with her!!!

RobbieG
08-29-2007, 01:49 AM
Nice fish - hope she has a long happy life:19:

radiant sea snail
08-29-2007, 02:33 AM
Thanks everyone!

I informed my husband that I would like to has as many as 7 or 8 bettas. I think he was a bit shocked, but also a bit excited.

I've decided whenever the time is right to order a pair from bettatalk.com. I know, I know, they are pricey. But she has amazing colors and they have good genes. I only want to keep them as pets, and I don't mind splurging for such eye candy.

I plan to order from her by Christmas. All first time customers get a free betta, and you can request to take in any culls she has available, since she adopts them out instead of killing them.

Nick_Pavlovski
08-29-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm glad he jokingly said don't get a fish!

Looks like you got a fine specimen.

Sowilu
08-29-2007, 01:22 PM
She is pretty.:41: If only bettas could be kept in bigger tanks together... My bettas 29g home could accomodate another betta but I know its a no-no.

radiant sea snail
08-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Sigh, Sowilu. I know what you mean. All that color flowing around together would be gorgeous.

Is your betta in the 29g by himself?

radiant sea snail
08-29-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm glad he jokingly said don't get a fish!

Looks like you got a fine specimen.

Yeah, he said it was reminiscent to the days I'd go get rabbit food and he'd say don't get a rabbit. Of course I never came home with a rabbit.

But now I order rabbit food and I don't think you can order rabbits.. but you never know.

corykeeper
08-31-2007, 06:59 AM
She is pretty.:41: If only bettas could be kept in bigger tanks together... My bettas 29g home could accomodate another betta but I know its a no-no.

Betta Imbellis(Peaceful Betta)can be kept together in the same tank.Depending on the source Thay can be kept in groups,or in pairs.

But could thay have the same individual personality of the splendens,and the colors may be more limited.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/betta/peaceful.php

http://www.ibc-smp.org/species/imbellis.html

http://aquaworld.netfirms.com/Labyrinthfish/Betta/Betta_imbellis.htm

radiant sea snail
08-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Eh, I'm not really concerned with tank mates. I'm only planning to keep bettas and snails at this time. But it's good to know.

TowBoater
08-31-2007, 11:54 AM
I have a betta with newts and an African dwarf frog, they leave each other alone.

radiant sea snail
09-01-2007, 02:08 AM
Heh, I believe you Kuli. :ezpi_wink1: I just don't want any other types right now. I'm going to be ordering some light purple mystery snails for my snail soon when I set up a snail tank. From then on out it's all bettas!

Bubbles is so fun. This girl can jump! I'm going to be making a betta cave for her soon.

radiant sea snail
09-04-2007, 03:25 AM
New pic of Bubbles. Check out her cute new tower!

We are currently in the process of planning out how to house everyone, so don't you worry about her. Plus, she is uber tiny. Check out how small compared to my male.

Yep, my male is living in a 2 g right now while we sort some things out. He kept stealing food from the snail, so...

We have some upgrading to do.

cocoa_pleco
09-04-2007, 03:27 AM
man, she is small!