PDA

View Full Version : Raising brine shrimp in grow out tank

skyguynca
03-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Hey guys, just built a new brine shrimp raise out / grow system. I did alot of research and built this simple system for under $100. Been using it only 3 weeks but seems to be working great. I know I was getting tired of buying adult brine shrimp and the messing grow out jars and tubs. This is cleaner, alot less effort and I luv it!!!!!

If enough people get interested then I will draw up plans and details so everyone can build a system like this and save money.

Ransom92
03-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Just wondering, what did you feed them?
I've started feeding my brine shrimp self raising wheat flour, hoping for the best :ssmile:

Joonkun
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
curious about how you are doing this. ive seen alot of things people do, but still have yet to find one where you arent, moving things around and having tons of random containers around =/

homemadepopcorn
03-19-2012, 11:57 PM
curious about how you are doing this. ive seen alot of things people do, but still have yet to find one where you arent, moving things around and having tons of random containers around =/

+1 to all of this right here... Every time I've read about hatching brine shrimp it has involved 234364 different buckets and 2134 different products (estimated figures).

PhillipOrigami
04-05-2012, 09:08 PM
+1 to all of this right here... Every time I've read about hatching brine shrimp it has involved 234364 different buckets and 2134 different products (estimated figures).
*Cube root twice for semi-accurate results.
I plan to use a spare 5g for it, slap on a heater, aerate it, and toss in salt and the eggs. Thats it.

Cermet
04-15-2012, 10:01 PM
For the grow out tank, are you growning algae by extra lights and some fish food so a filter creates nitrates/nitrite and ammonia? or just ammonia by having no filter?:shrug: