PDA

View Full Version : as requested, pics

cocoa_pleco
08-26-2007, 11:13 PM
i have pics now of the oscar and one of the convicts, but the quality is junk. the cameras flash bulb is done and i need a new one. anywho, heres a basic pic

cocoa_pleco
08-26-2007, 11:14 PM
lol, MAN thats dark. the oscars a tad skittish from being new so he doesnt like the lights on. if you stand up and look at the pic you can see it better.

Arkie
08-26-2007, 11:28 PM
when i got my first oscar he was all good from the minute of being put in the tank, but with the other two they took around a week to get adjusted and even now the albino one (bert) doesnt come out much. i heard that they "sulk" for a while after they are disturbed. he should be right soon enough

cocoa_pleco
08-26-2007, 11:30 PM
im not worried, my severums were the same way, shy at first then outgoing. the oscar eats, but if the lights go on he spazes and then the convict goes nuts and someones gonna lose a eye

Arkie
08-26-2007, 11:34 PM
lol, sounds scary!!!! scary is when my biggest oscar jumps out of the water to catch the food from my fingers as i drop it.....he actually bit me a couple of times. i squealed,, im such a girl its sad!!!

cocoa_pleco
08-26-2007, 11:41 PM
lol, mine dont do that. they wait for it. my banded loach does that bad though. the people that took care of my tanks when i was in banff and europe said exactly this "that fuc*in snake thing in the big tank is crazy! he jumps allover and hes gonna fly on the floor soon, i had to throw the food at him." that was hilarious

RobbieG
08-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Those are a couple of good looking fish - (I cheated a bit and photoshopped the pics to see them a little better)

Drumachine09
08-27-2007, 12:22 AM
HAhaha, clown puke gravel.

Nice fish!

Robbie, post the PSed pics please.

cocoa_pleco
08-27-2007, 12:26 AM
lol, i like blue. that was the color in my old 33g and i figured it would get back my old memories. i need the dam flash going again on the camera. the first picture is gonna be sept's POTM, the convict and oscar together.

Arkie
08-27-2007, 12:34 AM
hey i was just wondering how did your convict react to your oscar? my white convict harrassed oscar for about 2-3 weeks, going up behind him and nipping his tail. oscar is like three times the size of the convict but it still took him that long to stand up for himself. theyre all good now though. i think that oscars a tad slow in the head thats all!!!! we still love him regardless lol

cocoa_pleco
08-27-2007, 12:44 AM
the oscars larger, but the convict was punk and now he learnt not to be. the only aggression was a snap at the oscars side and the oscar flipped around and gave him a really mean look and now they ignore eachother and just swim by.

Arkie
08-27-2007, 12:51 AM
my convict hides now as soon as oscar swims past, complete opposite of before!!! oscars king and everyone knows it. haha he will even show my big mystery snail whos boss if he feels like it

cocoa_pleco
08-27-2007, 01:47 AM
mine dont even have territory. i scrambled around everything so that noone would have territory and sometimes the oscar and convict will cruise in the same cave. the other convict doesnt mind being single. apparently the white convicts are really rare.

Arkie
08-27-2007, 02:16 AM
are they? cause mine is a girl (only a small one though), was wondering whether i should search for a white male for her to breed with? shes laid eggs before but that was with a stripy convict and the fry hacthed but they didnt make it (my fault i had a baby and went to hospital and when i got back the babies had gone). cause i do have an extra tank coming available soon, angels??? or white convicts??? or dwarf cichlids??? i think i just need more tanks!!!! lol

cocoa_pleco
08-27-2007, 02:23 AM
if you can get a white one snatch it. convicts are easy to breed so that makes them abundant, but if you throw some white ones in the picture youve got a project! ive been asking people and they said that white convicts are hard to get almost everywhere

Arkie
08-27-2007, 02:36 AM
cool, thanks for that. ill start my searching!!!! i hope i find one now. yay more visits to pet shops i love it lol :41:

cocoa_pleco
08-27-2007, 02:38 AM
i didnt really pay too much for my pair of white convicts. they were 30$ canadian so thats 35 australian dollars. lol, i know my world currency

Arkie
08-27-2007, 02:48 AM
since i got a female already it shouldnt cost me to much. just a matter of finding one. im about to do the ring around all the four pet shops and ask before i even go in there, if i didnt id be waaaaaay to tempted to buy other things. theres that impulsive shopping disorder coming out again, i was going to therapy for it (retail therapy!!!! lol) didnt help much hehehe

Rue
08-27-2007, 03:17 AM
LOL...I think I need laser eye surgery to see those pics better...but instead I'll just wait until you get your camera new batteries...:laugh1blue:

cocoa_pleco
08-27-2007, 03:28 AM
lol, good idea. it doesnt really help that the gravel is dark blue either and that there are lots of hiding spaces

AquaQueen
08-27-2007, 03:39 AM
OK well I couldn't see the pics either and I am no professional with fixing very dark pictures I mean i am able to do something where you can get a better look at the fish but man Cocoa you do need a new camera because even trying to fix just the lighting these pics are still very blurry I dunno. Maybe someone else can give it a try and get them better then this but here's the best I could get them where you can see the fish.

cocoa_pleco
08-27-2007, 03:43 AM
lol, thats WAY better! the oscar has such a weird look on him always

Rue
08-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Those are MUCH better...at least now I know there's actually a fish in there!

Good job!:19:

AquaQueen
08-27-2007, 03:47 AM
cool glad you liked them....I was thinking they were not much better at all...your welcome:stongue:

cocoa_pleco
08-27-2007, 03:52 AM
lol, i got the first pic by pure luck with them both in it, its their "you messin wit us?" look

2manyfish
08-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I couldn't see the previous pics either...thought it was my computer or something!! :ezpi_wink1: Thanks for fixing that AquaQueen!!

Nice fish Cocoa!! :19: Absolutely awesome on the cons and the oscar!!! :1luvu:

tropfish
08-27-2007, 07:21 PM
really cool cocoa!

cocoa_pleco
08-27-2007, 08:41 PM
the oscar has a cool marking too. on the start of his tail he has a black spot and some bright lava outline on it. hes still getting along with the convict.

thats for the great comments everyone!

cocoa_pleco
08-28-2007, 02:55 AM
hes alot more outgoing today. he grabs the hikari pellets without sitting under driftwood and thinking about it and if the convict nudges him (never physically) he nudges back. he will also come out if im near him so thats a good sign

AquaQueen
08-28-2007, 03:08 AM
That sure is a good sign Cocoa, but no worries my friend he will be following your hand in no time...then he will be begging you for food every time you walk by, and then shortly after that he will have you wrapped around his little fins....lol

cocoa_pleco
08-28-2007, 03:18 AM
lol, im sure he will with his puppydog eyes

AquaQueen
08-28-2007, 03:25 AM
that's what got me too...lol Those big eyes looking out at you in such a curious way lol it's so cute. I dunno if ya remember but I didn't like "mean" fish that's what I Labeled him and all other fish that would eat another fish...until I came here and read up on fish and really just thought about the food chain and how some things are natural...like my cat eating mice or even my dog flipping out over every cat outside it is only natural for them to these things like it is for some fish to eat other fish and such. So I obviously changed the way I used to feel and LOVE my "Babies"...no matter how big they get they will always be babies to me.

cocoa_pleco
08-28-2007, 03:35 AM
when my severum injured my clown knife badly i was mad, but then it hit me that was his instinct, he was the whole 33g as his territory and even though the clown knife never bugged him he had to kill it just in case. i found the clown knife with lots of deep wounds and had to call it, theres a point where its worth treating and where suffering is prolonged. anywho, the oscar finished his cave. he dug out some gravel under his log and snoozes in it at night

mitchkin5
08-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I lightened your pictures for you.... I hope you don't mind I was hoping that it would make them easier to see....they look great ...I love the blue contrast with the fish!

cocoa_pleco
08-28-2007, 09:29 PM
lol, no problem! thanks for fixing them up. the fish seem to like the blue too

cocoa_pleco
08-29-2007, 12:12 AM
lol, ive got some vacuuming to do. the oscar was playing with his food (hikari large cichlid pellets) and he tore one in shreds, and of course its a hikari confetti party in the tank

Arkie
08-29-2007, 12:15 AM
oscars are messy arent they???? i heard that they were but actually didnt quite believe it, i do now though thumbs2:

cocoa_pleco
08-29-2007, 12:32 AM
lol, got that finished. i used the python and the oscar was a little confused what it was. i had to shuffle around his favorite hiding spot to vacuum the most debris and he wasnt too happy

Arkie
08-29-2007, 12:36 AM
when i do anything in oscars tank we always have a stand off about who's the stronger one, he often threatens to bite me as soon as my hand enters his territory, he scares me at times, but i make sure i win, i dont want him thinking he can bite me lol

cocoa_pleco
08-29-2007, 12:43 AM
mine will let anyone in his territory, me or the convict. he will let the convict pass through, but if the convict starts to try and capture his territory the oscar gets cranky

Arkie
08-29-2007, 12:52 AM
i think i must have a particularly mean one!!!! hahaha. :ezpi_wink1: