PDA

View Full Version : Yippie! Got me some new corys!

SkarloeysMom
08-26-2007, 10:11 PM
I did it! I went by PetSmart to look for corys and got 5 of the Spotted Corys that I had been eying for a while. I decided I might need to get a bigger shoal this time so I went for 5. They are all different sizes from about 2.5" down to around an inch or so. I hope they all make it. They're floating right now and since the Ph is very close between their water and my water I'm not going to drip acclimate them. I think it will be less stressful if I just add a cup of water every 15 min. or so for about an hour and then put them in the tank.

Cross you fingers that they all make it!

RobbieG
08-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Good luck - sounds like a nice bunch of critters!:19:

cocoa_pleco
08-26-2007, 10:16 PM
lol, congrats! i went to petsmart too. its in a bad district but the tanks are wonderfully cleaned and all have plants and decor. i just got some hikari cichlid food for the oscar and some plants for him. good luck with the cories!

Arkie
08-26-2007, 11:32 PM
good luck with the cories. im going to get some more for mine (its all by its lonesome), that will be this afternoon after picking up tiff from school. yay, more fish!!!! love it :41:

zackish
08-27-2007, 01:06 AM
I acclimate all my fish like that for as long as possible. usually I have like 3 hours or so and I do it for about 2.

Arkie
08-27-2007, 01:12 AM
i do, but its sooo hard not to be tempted to let them out of their little baggies when they want to go meet all their friends to be!!!!!!!!!! lol

SkarloeysMom
08-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the best wishes, y'all!! So far one of the corys is looking kinda sad. He's got is top fin a little clamped down but maybe he'll feel better tomorrow. On closer inspection this evening I found out that I got 1 Juli cory and 4 spotted corys. I don't know how I could have gotten a Juli cory as that PetSmart doesn't even sell Julis. Hope he gets in with the other guys and doesn't feel lonely.

Arkie
08-27-2007, 01:33 AM
he should fit in, and if he doesnt you have a good excuse to buy some more lol :19:

Nick_Pavlovski
08-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Spotted Cory's?

Could they be Pepper Cory's? Or Leopard Cory's?

SkarloeysMom
08-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Spotted Cory's?

Could they be Pepper Cory's? Or Leopard Cory's?

No, their Spotted Corys just like these little guys http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=310

SkarloeysMom
08-27-2007, 03:01 PM
This morning all but one of the corys looks like their doing fine. The one with the clamped fin is still looking a little sad. They seem to be shoaling a little. The one Juli cory is best friends with the biggest Spotted. The little guys seem to hang out in another group. So far so good! I'm so glad I got somemore corys. I was really missing them. The 20g is now complete.

Nick_Pavlovski
08-27-2007, 11:30 PM
No, their Spotted Corys just like these little guys http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=310

Thanks! I'm still learning a lot about Corys!

tropfish
08-28-2007, 12:04 AM
cool!, but is a tank ever really "finished"??? i guess you'll need a new one if you've finished that one haha (MTS MTS!!)

SkarloeysMom
08-28-2007, 12:18 AM
cool!, but is a tank ever really "finished"??? i guess you'll need a new one if you've finished that one haha (MTS MTS!!)

Did I say complete? Well, I meant for now anyway. I'm full up. No more space at the inn. I wish I could have more tanks but I'll be starting nursing school soon and I won't have time to keep up with more than I have now.