PDA

View Full Version : fish tank decor!!!

aqua101
03-04-2012, 07:44 PM
How do you like the way this fish tank is set-up? It only has 1 gourami fish but its huge. This fish tank is unique from any other that I have seen but thumbs up if anyone likes it.thumbs2:

aqua101
03-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Here is another photo of one of my cousin's fish tank. The fish has it's own light show! how cool is that? Tell me what you think?:18:

If you would like to see a video of it go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boJqxRx9nfM

Lady Hobbs
03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Tank looks nice but also looks too small for the fish size. I'd pull most of those decorations out to give him all the space you can. He doesn't need fake decorations but he does need space.

I merged your two threads together. No need to repeat the same posts.

nikelodeon79
03-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Is that a red tailed giant gourami? I certainly hope your friend has a HUGE tank somewhere for this fish... they can get up to 20 inches. Some other species of giant gourami get even larger: up to around 30 inches or so.

sheamurai
03-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Nice looking tank. The idea of the "pearl" in the oyster is cute.

Have to agree tho, that tank looks like its only double the length of the fish...I personally would like to see it in a longer tank to give it some fin room.

hpt84
03-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Man, that is one big fish. Image the size of the poops that come out of that one:hmm3grin2orange:

ScottishFish
03-06-2012, 11:50 PM
For me those tanks do have a 'wow' factor, but its the wrong kind. Its more of a 'wow that's really sad keeping such a huge fish in a tiny tank like that', there's no shade or cover for the fish to hide in. Its a shame when people buy huge fish for that first impression.

Personally I prefer more natural tanks with suitable healthy fish.

Old Marine
03-08-2012, 02:04 PM
It is a Beautiful fish that would really look Great in a bigger Tank!

Crispy
03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
beautiful fish.... I would take out most of that decor to give him optimal swimming space. nice setup though, params must be easily manageable with just him in the tank. while he may need an upgrade in the future, looks like everything is great atm. thumbs2: