PDA

View Full Version : Community

Full3R
05-20-2006, 12:02 PM
If i were to get a tank set up containing 60 gallons what types of gouramis could i keep together in it and what other fish could i keep that live in the same natural waters as gouramis?

William
05-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Most gouramis can be kept together as long as you decorate the tank with a lot of plants and floating plants.

Other fish from the area include some barbs, loaches and bettas.

Full3R
05-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Mad i wanna have anice set up like that, im gunna set up my tanks all different like the oscar tank is gunna be sorta based on sunken ruins of a city

dorkfish
05-21-2006, 04:12 AM
until they breed any gourami can be kept together although some threespots can be perfectly peacefull while others will bite danios in half and in my expierence can almost kill drawf gouramies. It's best to have only one male of each species mostly because thier very closely related to bettas (and you should know why not to put two male bettas together). another thing you should be worried about is teritorialism, the argression bettween male bettas is caused by teritorialism for the most part, and then them being selectively bred to make them more agrssive is what fills in the rest. Personally, I would'nt mix any of the larger gourami species with the smaller ones, mostly because I don't wan't to be losing any fish.
Only have about 1/3 to 1/2 of the tanks total population made up of gouramis, and the rest should be the fish wiliam mentioned, as well as glass cats and danios.

stubbytheplecostomus
08-25-2006, 04:00 AM
i have found my gourami to be peaceful with most other semi aggressive fish, accept other gouramis which he kills or abuses. (dwarf flame, and another opaline)

kimmers318
08-25-2006, 04:27 AM
In my 64 gallon I have 1 dwarf gourami....2 honey gourami (trichogaster/colisa chuna) and 5 sparkling/pygmy gourami along with various tetras and oddballs that have ended up there when they didn't work out in another tank...there seems to be enough room for the mix.