PDA

View Full Version : Swordtail

squirt_12
08-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Ok well i just bought 3 swordtails at my lfs and well one is clearly a pregnant female, one is a male, and the other is just a little fry about 3cm long.
Well...when i got my male they said that it was a little warped but they said it would still live fine so i bought it. The question is....will the fry that the male and female create, will they come out deformed like the male?? or will they be normal????
I know that this might sound stupid but i was just wondering!!!! THANKS!!!!:c8:

AquaQueen
08-25-2007, 02:40 AM
Deformed like the spine bent? Can you provide pictures for us?

TowBoater
08-25-2007, 02:44 AM
Yes, please. If it is genetic, then possible but if it was something he obtained, then probably not.

squirt_12
08-25-2007, 02:47 AM
Well i don't have a picture but it is just kinda like his body is in more of less a 'U' shape than straight. It isn't that big but it is just enough to notice. I was just trying to figure out if it would be something bad?
Thanks

TowBoater
08-25-2007, 02:49 AM
Sounds like it was something that happened. Sounds bad, probably broke something and it healed that way, he is in bad shape and should not be placed with anything that poses a threat to nip at him ANY.

squirt_12
08-25-2007, 02:51 AM
ok well he is swimming fine and everything and he seems to be relaxed with all of the other fish in my tank.
but like the guy and girl at my lfs told me he would be fine??!!

TowBoater
08-25-2007, 02:53 AM
He will probably be fine only if nothing picks on him, he would not have lived in the wild. Fish like that should be taken care of with an optimal environment to go with his injury.

squirt_12
08-25-2007, 02:58 AM
Yeah well there is rocks in my tank that he goes in all of the time and seems to sit there sometimes and not come out for like 20 minutes and then when he comes out he sorta 'mingles' with the female and all of the other fish.