PDA

View Full Version : Rainbows in with larger cichlids?

skullduggery1
02-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Okay,here I go.I have a 125 gallon aquarium,that I want some schooling fish for.Tinfoil barbs,bala sharks,silver dollars,boring.(and two of the forementioned species way to large)I was thinking of adding a school of larger rainbows,chilatherina,glossolepis,or melanotaeinia.Here is my question does anyone house these with medium to larger cichlids?Stocked in the tank are two male severums(adult)three juvie elliot's,a syno,two small mystus upside down catfish,and a tire track eel.Now ,the tank has been up for three years,regular 25%weekly water changes,and no deaths.I do not check water ph,nitrates or any of that.Never have,just play it by hunch.Any experience would be appreciated,thank you in advance.thumbs2:

MLBfan
02-28-2012, 02:51 AM
Can you please add spaces between words (where it needs to be done). That is very hard to read

DeadSulphurhead
03-09-2012, 03:50 AM
I've seen Bosemanis and Turqoise in with Malawi labs and aulonocaras. Mind you, the labs and pseudos I saw weren't full grown, but the peacocks were. Have to say though, in all these set ups, the rainbows weren't schooling. They were all over the tank, only a few pairs would stick together.