PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay or should I go?

FishR4CoolPeople
02-25-2012, 05:39 AM
I have a common pleco 1ft long in a 75g tank. According to the article on this site you can keep the pleco in 50-100g. What are your opinions? :fish: the tank is 25in tall 16in wide and 4ft long. He is happy and healthy and spoiled rotten. I have had him for many years and he has stayed about the same size.

I have 2 molly type fish with 2 babies, and a female betta.
We will soon be filling it with schools of fish here and there but not to much.:fish:

FishR4CoolPeople
02-25-2012, 06:41 AM
oh and another question... after reading on here about bettas could I put my male in the big tank with the female?

ScottishFish
02-25-2012, 07:06 AM
That's a big fish and might produce larger amounts of waste, but if you're willing to put the time in with larger or more frequent water changes then yes imo it should be ok. I've not got much experience with bettas but I think 1 male 1 female might not be a great option as the male may harrass the female too much, perhaps 3 females 1 male may be a better idea :)

FishR4CoolPeople
02-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Thank you for the advice. I do remember reading that about the betta now that you mentioned it. I'll have to think more about that. Thank you again! thumbs2:

Lady Hobbs
02-25-2012, 10:55 AM
oh and another question... after reading on here about bettas could I put my male in the big tank with the female?

No. There's a reason they are kept separated and one killing the other has something to do with it. :)

Fishin Phil
02-25-2012, 11:15 AM
+1 to Lady Hobbs. Betta breeding can be a very rough sport, and male bettas always want to breed. I would not keep them in the same tank regardless of size.

Old Marine
02-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Remember the Thriller in Manila {Ali-Frazier}? Thats what you would probably have.