PDA

View Full Version : Christmas moss

Countrylovin4evr
02-24-2012, 05:12 AM
I finally got mine in and it looks great. I am just wondering if there is anyway to help it grow better or faster ?

I have it on driftwood mostly and one chunk on a rock on the floor ... not really planted just on the rock so that it can grow out.
I will be getting some Leaf Zone fert soon. I think I heard something about trimming it or trimming roots would help it grow but I'm not sure... may have been another plant.
Temp is staying at 78-79f and I know that they prefer 77 or lower but I'm afraid to drop it since my fish tend to get sick when I drop temps.

openbook
02-24-2012, 07:06 AM
Seems to me like my moss traps alot of mulm. That alone would probably be sufficient ferts for it.

Countrylovin4evr
02-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Ok. I am getting the ferts just to help with my others. I have Java Ferns, anubius (that is growing like a weed on it's own) and wisteria I'm trying to boost.

Fishin Phil
02-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Ok. I am getting the ferts just to help with my others. I have Java Ferns, anubius (that is growing like a weed on it's own) and wisteria I'm trying to boost.

Substitute Java moss for Christmas moss, and we have the exact same plant stock!

:hmm3grin2orange:

Countrylovin4evr
02-25-2012, 07:21 PM
lol. I liked the java because it grows so fast- but then I saw how neat and pretty the christmas was and I love christmas trees... so .... yeah. And I found it cheap with free shipping. Couldn't beat that. Might have to get me some more since it's so cool. Or be patient. lol

DeadSulphurhead
03-11-2012, 04:28 AM
Or be patient. lol
Don't wait for xmas moss to spread, because it won't. Unless you have 10 years to spare on 1 plant.

Countrylovin4evr
02-17-2013, 04:22 AM
Actually I 've had it awhile now and its come out of shock. Its doing quite well. It has covered the driftwood just as I wanted it to and I could easily give some away. Once I dropped temps to 77F it has gone nuts...along with my anbius.