PDA

View Full Version : ??Glowlight Tetras??

squirt_12
08-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Ok well i think that i would like to breed my glowlight tetras but.....i always heard that they are hard to breed so i want a little bit of info from the people that probably know a little more about them!!!!!
Ok well i have 10 of them and i have had them for about....6-8 months and well there are some that are really fat and some that are really skinny so i thought that the really fat ones were pregnant??!!! but not sure??!!
Ok so well i want to know how to tell the difference between them (male and female) and i want to know like how often them lay eggs and how they actually breed and what kind of spots do they like to lay there eggs on??

I feed them flakes, pellets, blood worms, brine shrimp, and i was thinking of trying live earth worms??!!
And my tank setup is a 33 gallon long tank and there is a tiger lotys, mondo grass and a unknow plant in my tank!!!! I have a about 20-30 rocks piled up in the tank to make a cave an dlike some over passes for the fish to swim through!!!!
So i would appriciate it if you could help!!! thanks!!!

squirt_12
08-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Does nobody know anything about glowlight tetras???????

Sowilu
08-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Do you have a picture of them? Sounds really interesting fishes!

cocoa_pleco
08-24-2007, 02:40 PM
ive had mine for about 7 months and they havent bred, they just dont want to no matter what

squirt_12
08-24-2007, 06:00 PM
No i don't have a picture of them because i don't have a digital camera to take the picture with.
But yeah they aree interesting and i thought that since it had a fat belly that it might be a pregnant female and the males are usually darker in colour and skinnier but get a belly (a little one) when they are about to breed!!! Well the females are a little duller in colour, like the web pages i was on said, and well they have all of the characteristics of them about to breed but like they just arn't breeding and i even fed them earth worms which they say helps induce breeding!!!!
thanks

mitcore
09-17-2007, 11:40 AM
I have been told that glow light lay eggs at the base of your plants
The reason they are hard to breed is because other fish Eg the live bearers, plus the bristle nose suckers love to eat the eggs,
I have glow lights in my 3ft but have never had them breed for that reason
They sound like they are pregnant
hope this helps