PDA

View Full Version : Is my goldfish blind?

jessiegirl
02-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Hi there,

We have 4 goldfish in a fairly large aquarium and today I noticed one of them seems to not be able to see. He is staying at the bottom of the tank and not moving when another fish swims next to him which he would usually do, and he is swimming into the plants and rocks. His eyes are not cloudy but one eye does look like it has a gold tinge to it. We test the water and everything is ok with that. Would anyone have any suggestions as to why he cannot see all of a sudden and if there is anything we can do before it is too late to help him????

:goldfish: Thanks Jessiegirl

Cliff
02-13-2012, 10:54 AM
When you say your water tested OK, what dose that mean exaclty, what where the test results (ammount in PPM) ?

labnjab
02-13-2012, 12:11 PM
He could be blind, but in a home aquarium its not that big of a deal. I think our large black moor has been blind for at least a year. His eyes are clouded over and he bumps into things and doesn't react to sudden movements, but he's getting along just fine because he doesn't have any real competition. He finds food just fine by smell and pretty much lives like a normal goldfish.