Tank 3......pr. of angels chasing to death Silver Dollars and two other angels
Tank 4.....One angel now in confinement for being bad

:10:

Algenco
08-22-2007, 05:18 PM
sounds as though thing are about to get very interesting:1luvu:

cocoa_pleco
08-22-2007, 05:34 PM
lol, its having kids ALLOVER again! good luck!

tropfish
08-22-2007, 05:45 PM
good luck with that hobbs! it sounds like you'll need it.

Lady Hobbs
08-22-2007, 06:21 PM
HA! My kids never fought at all. These guys start spawning and don't want anything in the tank with them. It's really something watching that small marble going after that featherfin! She is treading dangerous ground there!

RobbieG
08-23-2007, 01:16 AM
What did the one in lockup do? Seems more like you need a row of 20's with stripes painted on them!:ezpi_wink1:

Lady Hobbs
08-23-2007, 01:57 AM
In order to keep these fish, I really need to separate each pair in a 20 gallon and forget the hassles. Or give them all away but my original two.

Algenco
08-23-2007, 02:11 AM
In order to keep these fish, I really need to separate each pair in a 20 gallon and forget the hassles. Or give them all away but my original two.

20 highs work great

Lady Hobbs
08-23-2007, 02:34 AM
I have room on my existing stand to change a 10 gallon to a 15 gallon high and have room to change the 20 gallon to a 25 gallon. I have room on another stand to change out my 29 gallon to a 37 gallon. That ones a sure thing and hope to do that before long but I don't know on the others.

You pay a heck of a lot more for tanks than you can sell them for!

AquaQueen
08-23-2007, 03:41 AM
Well Hobbs sounds like they are helping to keep you young...lol They would rather be alone but with you so don't give them away no one else can care for them as you have already. Besides you have MTS you can surely make room for more tanks...lol

Lady Hobbs
08-23-2007, 04:30 AM
My electric bill now each month is making my eyes pop out. It costs as much I think to run the small tanks as just running all larger ones. It makes more sense to me to get 40 gallon longs and adding dividers than running 2-20's.

Room is my problem!

cocoa_pleco
08-23-2007, 04:37 AM
lol, room is my problem too. the 50g long is the last thing that can fit before im out of room

Algenco
08-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Hobbs, you think you are limited by available space?
I have 1 of the 48" breeders sitting out back, don't have anywhere to put it, and yesterday I bought a 100gal tank that I'm going to set up at my fishing partners garage because there is no way to get it in the house!

MTS, I think mine is terminal

cocoa_pleco
08-23-2007, 02:34 PM
MTS, I think mine is terminal

lol, i think both of ours is. by 2015 i'll need a 30 line sig i think:ezpi_wink1:

Lady Hobbs
08-23-2007, 03:34 PM
It's nuts, isn't it?

I walk around the house constantly carrying my tape measure wondering where I can put another tank which is why the 40 gallon long is going on my bedroom dresser. (Lamp, clock and phone on the floor.) LOL

I already have the spot for the 75/90 gallon and the stand is there so I'm fine there but now have been looking at the doorway between kitchen and living room thinking...........hummmmm.........maybe I can put a tank there sideways and make it into a room divider. I also checked a large bedroom closet! If I took the doors off, a big tank would fit right nicely inside that closet without taking any floor space. But where to put the doors????? GAWD!

Far too much money for a person on social security is going out the door every month on fish stuff!

Already gotten rid of end tables and a large coffee table and now trying to find a way to trade out a chair in my living room to a smaller one. I'd rather have fish than company so it may just go too. Let company sit on a hard kitchen chair and they won't stay so long?
:ezpi_wink1:

I do worry about how much the electrical outlets can handle tho. With each tank having about 6 plug-ins, I start to worry about over-loading circuits in this little apartment.

Get rid of some furniture! You will enjoy that tank more than you will some furniture you can live without.

Algenco
08-23-2007, 04:48 PM
it's so bad that yesterday my Wife had an idea, We move our bedroom upstairs so that I could have more room for tanks:help:

The problem is the mattress is to big to get up the stairs

cocoa_pleco
08-23-2007, 04:53 PM
lol, it gets crazy. my fishroom is packed. the basement has ALL the tanks with a TV, couch, about 20 game systems, stereo, washer, and dryer. theres so many dam cords you cant go one inch without finding one.

Lady Hobbs
08-23-2007, 04:58 PM
You sound as you have a very nice, accomodating wife. The best kind!

You could:

Cut mattress in half and glue together again with tank silicone?
Get rid of wife and get a twin?
Get a standard size bed.....yours sounds like a king?
Tear the stairs down and rebuild after bed is set back up?
Move?

Helpful, aren't it?

OK....go count your loot. Angelfish = $6 each @ 300.

Algenco
08-23-2007, 08:35 PM
You sound as you have a very nice, accomodating wife. The best kind!

You could:

Cut mattress in half and glue together again with tank silicone?
Get rid of wife and get a twin?
Get a standard size bed.....yours sounds like a king?
Tear the stairs down and rebuild after bed is set back up?
Move?

Helpful, aren't it?

OK....go count your loot. Angelfish = $6 each @ 300.

I would give up anything except the Wife, had her for 27 years, kind of used to having her around:luxlove:

Algenco
08-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Back on the subject, I noticed the female was hiding behind some plants. On closer inspection she is missing 1/3 of her dorsal and the tail is pretty ragged. I put a divider in to give her a few days rest. The male wants to spawn again and she isn't ready, typical female:laugh1blue: