PDA

View Full Version : Something is wrong with my Tequila!!!

AquaQueen
08-22-2007, 02:39 AM
OK I am now freaking out!!! I just cant help but wonder what is next, there has to be another thing to go wrong...I have been sick as some of you may know and I really haven't been up to much but, I have made sure to feed my Fish & Birds over these past days because if I dont they wont get fed...everyone else has their own chores and they are busy from them if I am sick my stuff falls apart (they can't handle mine too I guess). Anyway I went into the living room a few times today and watched the fish swimming all around and they were fine. Then tonight I am going to shut the light off and tequila is just hanging at the top of the tank on one of the taller plants barely breathing...He usually jumps when I reach to shut the light and he didn't move...I took the net and just stuck it in the water near him...normally he would have swam away but, he just sat there. I don't know what is wrong. The water is doing really great in that tank, I tested all of them earlier this afternoon and all 3 tanks were fine. Well, except the guppy tank but, I have not done the water change on that one yet so I know that is why. I see no signs of anything and he is just barely breathing and not moving. I have been also trying to make sure to leave the over head lights on so he wouldn't fight his reflection anymore until I bought more of the background for the sides of the tank. I am going to be very sad if I loose him now on top of everything else!!

MeganL3985
08-22-2007, 03:23 AM
oh i'm so sorry bonnie!! :( How old is he? Any physical symptoms goin on?
I can't imagine how hard this must be, while you're sick yourself!!

TowBoater
08-22-2007, 03:50 AM
Old age, has to be. Sometimes like anything, they just die, no reason, they just do. Sorry to hear about that. Water changes, stress coat, aquarium salt, and hope.

AquaQueen
08-22-2007, 04:02 AM
Geez I don't think he is all that old maybe about 6-7 months. I didn't want to do another water change just yet, they were all just moved to this tank and I already did one just before I got sick. I will add some stress coat in the morning if he makes it. All I keep thinking is in some odd way he took all my pain and is making me better and it's taking his life to help me :(...IMAGINE...I think this pain medicine has me thinking NUTZO...either that or I am nuts.

MeganL3985
08-22-2007, 04:15 AM
Awe :( I always feel that way too...I think its just our way of making sense of things we can't understand. Just so sad to think of losing a pet....

Nick_Pavlovski
08-22-2007, 06:32 AM
Raise the tank water temperature a notch?

AquaQueen
08-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Hello everyone thanks for your concerns but Tequila lost his battle this morning. I was just down stairs cooking some brunch(poached eggs) and went in to check on him and noticed that he was gone not missing he was just not breathing anymore and upon further investigation I also noticed That I have 1 phantom tetra and 1 white cloud MIA. No signs of them anywhere...their just GONE! This has got me going crazy now. All this just because I got sick!

tropfish
08-22-2007, 05:16 PM
sorry to hear about your losses. Perfect time for this stuff to start to! fell better soon!

MeganL3985
08-22-2007, 08:00 PM
awe i'm sorry Bonnie, that really sucks girl...

radiant sea snail
08-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Bonnie, how terrible! I have 13 land pets along with my betta and snail, so I can totally relate to the frustration of being sick and not being able to be their main caregiver. Or not be able to be that effective at it cause you can only do the bare minimum.

I'm sorry for your loss.

*Sarah*
08-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Aw I'm sorry, that's really too bad :(

AquaQueen
08-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks! I guess there was not much I could have done anyway where he went so fast I am assuming that it was something already killing him before I noticed or maybe he did just stress himself out fighting his reflection to death? Is that a possibility ya think? I never seen an orange Betta until I got him. I hope I can find another one that color otherwise, I dont think I will get another if I can't.

Nick_Pavlovski
08-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Fighting his own reflection may have worn him out.
Sorry it didn't work.

TowBoater
08-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Sorry to hear of that. Every fish lost is a hard loss.

AquaQueen
08-23-2007, 01:24 AM
Thanks Fellas! Yes it is very hard to deal with right now. All day I keep catching myself looking to see if he will come to the top begging for food but he wont be coming anymore. He was a sweet little fishie and I thought he was luv-in his new tank. I seen him fighting his reflection right away and I knew so I would turn on the upper light so he would stop but I guess I forgot to tell my hubby because he said tonight they he didn't know that was why the light kept getting turned on and he was the one shutting it off. So I think we solved the mystery but now I need a new fish the tank is lonely looking without him....lol not really but that is what I am claiming...so I can buy another one.

TowBoater
08-23-2007, 01:25 AM
Lol, good excuse :c5: :c5:

AquaQueen
08-23-2007, 01:58 AM
We will miss you little fella....but never forget you. I found this poem to help my daughter when when we lost our Bunny rabbit a few months back and thought I'd share it and a few pictures of my little buddy to help remember his little life. Thanks

Rainbow Bridge

Just on the side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

AquaQueen
08-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Lol, good excuse :c5: :c5:

Thanks I thought so too...lol it should work...right? would you fall for that? huh huh? plz say yes...lol

TowBoater
08-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Yes I would fall for it but I can be tricked easily. Beautiful post as well, sorry again.

MeganL3985
08-23-2007, 02:04 AM
Oh god that made me cry......lol

TowBoater
08-23-2007, 02:08 AM
Oh god that made me cry......lol

I kept having to stop and take a big drink of my lemonade to keep from it.:scry:

SkarloeysMom
08-23-2007, 02:10 AM
Sorry about your losses. I hope you're feeling better soon.

AquaQueen
08-23-2007, 03:59 AM
I kept having to stop and take a big drink of my lemonade to keep from it.:scry:
Awwwww Kuli, it's so cute to hear of someone fighting back tears...lol I promise I'm not making fun of you...lol

BTW...to anyone who reads the poem it is a great way to help with telling your children about the passing of their beloved pet. This way they dont take it so hard.

cocoa_pleco
08-23-2007, 04:06 AM
it is sad. i remember my other betta besides the one now was a bit sad in a 2.5g, so i bought him his own planted 5g. a month later, he dies from old age and a see a red blob floating after all the work on the 5g. i specifically got his favorite plants (HAD to be java moss and java fern for some reason, he literally slept in the java moss and weaved around the java fern)

sorry for your loss

AquaQueen
08-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Thanks Cocoa