Lady Hobbs
08-21-2007, 04:29 PM
http://www.aquariaplants.com/pondpage.htm

tropfish
08-21-2007, 05:46 PM
that looks really cool. He seems to know what he's doing :thumb:

digger
08-21-2007, 09:07 PM
that looks like a really neet pond id like to put one like that around the new deck we are eventually going to build to keep the kids from jumping over the edge like they do now.

Incredulous_Ed
08-22-2007, 04:39 AM
Cool link hobbs.

MeganL3985
08-22-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm thinking of putting a pond up in the spring, next year. My dad keeps telling me not to b/c we have bad mosquito's down here...but its not like stagnant water or anything. Thats like saying "Better not put up a pool, theres mosquito's out there" lol :) They also have some discs you put into ponds that keep mosquitos and bugs away. I can't imagine there would be any problems, atleast of that sort. lol

FLhome4strays
11-15-2007, 04:57 AM
I'm thinking of putting a pond up in the spring, next year. My dad keeps telling me not to b/c we have bad mosquito's down here...but its not like stagnant water or anything. Thats like saying "Better not put up a pool, theres mosquito's out there" lol :) They also have some discs you put into ponds that keep mosquitos and bugs away. I can't imagine there would be any problems, atleast of that sort. lol

They have minnows called "mosquito fish" that our county mosquito control will bring right to your pond for free. You could see if your area has something like that. I've found them to be excellent at munching mosquito larve...I never see larve while cleaning the pond and the mosquito population hasn't grown since I've had the pond (dug it last year). I've heard that a lot of the feeder type fish do just as good @ eating mosq larve too. Mosquito fish are pretty aggressive though.