PDA

View Full Version : Debating Shrimp

ElizabethJKR
02-03-2012, 05:12 AM
So I have the ten gallon set and everything is going well. Temperatures are stable, fish are happy and healthy, water parameters are excellent.

Could I put some shrimp in my tank?

I've been wanting some shrimp since March when I first set up the 30 gallon tank back home. I find them fascinating and would love to see them wander around the tank.

Is there anything special I need to do for the tank so they don't try to escape? Any special food they need?

I have four Danios, four Glo Fish and five Cory Cats.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

ladygoodwrench
02-03-2012, 04:06 PM
I have 3 Ghost Shrimp in my 25 gallon.. 2 weather loaches, 5 minnows, 6 cherry barbs, 2 Platy, 1 mystery snail. The entire community swim, and eat together with no problems.. when they want to eat a loach wafer in peace, they pick it up, and swim with it to a tall plastic plant, and eat it without being bothered. I did nothing special to prepare my tank for the shrimp.. my ghosties have not attempted a jail break.. they eat anything the fish eat.. flakes, shrimp pellets, tubiflex worms, algae wafers, thawed blood worms..

ElizabethJKR
02-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Alright, thanks for the information. Just need to see if the local PetCo has any shrimp.