PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got extra Java moss they don't want?

Countrylovin4evr
02-02-2012, 06:29 AM
Just curious if anyone here has some that they don't want anymore and would be glad to sell for cheap. Everywhere I've looked they want $10 plus like $20 s+H and I think that's a bit crazy since it sounds like it grows better then weeds. So let me know if you want to dump a clump.

kross
02-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Check the Swap'n'Shop forum on theplantedtank.net. Also check aquibid. A quick look at both shows a few options much cheaper than $30. :)

bignellm
02-02-2012, 12:52 PM
I originally got mine from Petco. Paid less than 10, but they had it attached to some plate, which must of been most of the cost. If my cultures were farther along, I would send ya some C.O.D.

If they are charging that much for delivery, I'm sure going to go for the fancier stuff then, LOL. Can't wait to order some Flame Moss for my 55. thumbs2:

Countrylovin4evr
02-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Petco doesn't sell any. No one has it locally. It seems I'll either pay $15 for moss and free shipping or $10 plus $20 shipping. That's crazy!!

Countrylovin4evr
02-03-2012, 01:02 AM
So I decided to hit up ebay (first time really finding something I'd want) and I found Java and Christmas moss for under $5 with free shipping. That's more like it. I think I'll go with the xmas moss for neatness and it being a bit slower might work better for me.
I had to laugh at a post for fish

--- Wow Live killifish!! ---
Uh... would I pay that much money for a dead one?

bignellm
02-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Ok, in that case I did some searching for you. Not sure as to the site, but some have used it before. It's kinda like ebay.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/search.cgi

About half way down the page, there is a moss section, with many sellers and various bid prices. Some buy now options. Maybe an option?

I know Petco sells the Java Moss carpets, that's exactly where I got one; so maybe it's a request item. But I saw some 0.99 cent moss on Aquabid... I'll allow others to recommend if the site is a good place to buy.

bignellm
02-03-2012, 01:06 AM
So I decided to hit up ebay (first time really finding something I'd want) and I found Java and Christmas moss for under $5 with free shipping. That's more like it. I think I'll go with the xmas moss for neatness and it being a bit slower might work better for me.
I had to laugh at a post for fish

--- Wow Live killifish!! ---
Uh... would I pay that much money for a dead one?

NICE!!! Check both and pull the trigger ;)

Countrylovin4evr
02-03-2012, 01:12 AM
lol. I am currently on hold with Petco and will call pets mart to see if they have any. If not then I'm taking the plunge sort to say.
I've never bought off of ebay or any bid sites.
I saw the 99 cent ones but shipping was again like 20 bucks and I just figure that's too much for a weed! I feel like I would be paying $30 for a dandilion. lol Call me crazy for not wanting to pay that much or being a cheapskate but I'm on a budget! lol I found the filter I want on Amazon for better price then ebay but I checked just to be sure

bignellm
02-03-2012, 01:13 AM
Know what you mean. I'll be looking for some flame moss soon, and will probably shop till I find it nearly free.

Countrylovin4evr
02-03-2012, 01:16 AM
lol I think I saw flame moss on ebay.
Update Petco does not have it
PetSmart Does not Sell it. Poor guy at PetSmart thought that Jave ferns and moss are the same thing. *Bangs head against wall while laughing hysterically*

bignellm
02-03-2012, 01:19 AM
^^^ that's minimum wage kids for you, LOL!!! They soo don't care about product enough to learn.

Countrylovin4evr
02-03-2012, 01:25 AM
lol I think it was an adult

bignellm
02-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Same dif, different age. LOL

Countrylovin4evr
02-03-2012, 01:32 AM
:hmm3grin2orange: Yeah I've met most of these people there and they are not very kind to pets.

So I did it!!! I am soooo happy with myself! :19: I bought from EBAY! Next fear to concur -- Amazon.com and someday live fish online.thumbs2:

bignellm
02-03-2012, 01:35 AM
:hmm3grin2orange: Yeah I've met most of these people there and they are not very kind to pets.

So I did it!!! I am soooo happy with myself! I bought from EBAY! Next fear to concur -- Amazon.com and someday live fish online.thumbs2:

Trust me, you can trust Amazon. Just read the customer reviews on products and sellers there, before you pull the trigger. :22:

I shop there all the time thumbs2:

Countrylovin4evr
02-03-2012, 02:49 AM
I know the product well (have read reviews from many stores as well as here) and shouldn't have a problem. Aquaclear filter 70.
hubby bought books at amazon last quarter so its just a big step for me. Should have seen me shopping walmart.com 1st time. lol I'm 27 in 1 wk and I'm just now using ebay. lol

kross
02-03-2012, 03:51 AM
Amazon has what they call the A-Z Guarantee. This means even if you buy a product from a 3rd party seller on Amazon, if the seller doesn't come through or honor a return or whatever, Amazon will step up and take care of you.

Countrylovin4evr
02-03-2012, 04:18 AM
nice!! Good to know