PDA

View Full Version : Pump?

Angelfish69
01-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Hopw would i know if my pump wasnt working correctly?
Just i fed the plec a wafer last night, he hasnt eaten it or much of it.
Ive added a air line for extra oxygen, but there seems to be lots of debrie flowing around.
The pump is flowing water out the top ok, could it not working correctly? maybe thats why fish died? The water was tested fine again today done by my local fish shop, they replaced the fish i lost.
Seem a lot happier since i put in the airline.

kurly
01-31-2012, 04:44 PM
When you say "fine".. what parameter readings are they giving you? Were you able to pick up a liquid test kit of your own? Again, that is very important to have in order to make sure the ammonia and nitrIte levels in your water aren't getting too high.

Also, they replaced your fish so I take it that you have a total of three fish in the tank (2 angels and 1 pleco) or do you have more?

Someone else can answer your questions about the air pump as I have never used one in any of my tanks.

Angelfish69
01-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Yes just 3.
Ive bought a test kit now :19:
The shop done the nitrate nitrite and amonia, they are colour coded and they were all fine.
It was done with bottled stuff.
By japenese koi centre

pjaldave
01-31-2012, 06:10 PM
well, you should do your own testing if you got the test kit now.

how big is your tank anyways? 2 angels and a pleco seems to be fine in a 55G or more. but i don't think this is gonna work for smaller tank.

when you said "pump" are you preferring to a "filter"? if water is flowing then its working, just that it cannot suck up all the floating debris, it will settle on the substrate eventually.