PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing H. Rasboras

Botch09
01-23-2012, 02:24 PM
I added 10. Now there are 8 and a few have the signs of being used for late night snacks. I'm hoping to catch the culprit in the act. The most likely culprit is the big molly. I thought it might be one of the male black skirts since the females are ready to lay their eggs...but the corpses are missing. Unfortunate, they're fun to watch swimming around.

Stlouisfish
01-23-2012, 02:46 PM
One thing I've learned from this forum is that if a fish can fit into another fish's mouth...instant meals. Might help to observe the tank after you turn off the lights for the day - just a suggestion.

when you say a few "have the signs of being used for late night snacks" does this mean you see pieces of fin missing or actual bites in some fish?

kurly
01-23-2012, 02:53 PM
What a shame :scry: I love my Harlequins and would hate if that happened. They are so fun to watch. I hope you are able to figure out who the culprit is.

Do you have another tank to move them to?

Botch09
01-23-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't, and my quarantine tank isn't really good for long term storage. I'm going to completely re-arrange the tank decor today, it might help. We'll see. They're really fun to watch, those and the black skirt schools were awesome.