View Full Version : One Cichlid only?

Brookfish
08-19-2007, 01:19 AM
If you could only choose one cichlid, what would
you choose and why?

crackatinny
08-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Wow, I don't think I really could.
But if I had to, I would have to go with one I originally did not like untill my wife got one, and thats an oscar.

Reason being, these guys are so intelligent and have great personalities, I am a dog lover, and have found with the oscar, I feel the same bond as with dogs, I reckon if they could live out of water our leroy (in avater) would be jumping up in our laps, just like our dogs.

TowBoater
08-19-2007, 02:04 AM
I love my severum but my LFS has a really neat Jack so I would probably say a jack.

digger
08-21-2007, 02:38 PM
i like my jags they are always rearranging thejr living space or doing someyhing wierd

Glasstapper
08-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I'll have to second the jaguar. They are so incredibly impressive and do very well being by themselves in a tank. They are also among the smartest, most agressive, and most beautiful of all the cichlids. The dovii (wolf cichlid) is a close second, but the jag is still more beautiful.

One day.........one day I will have my very own jag male in his very own huge home outfitted just to his liking.

<-----keeps on dreaming her fish dreams***:)

cocoa_pleco
08-29-2007, 09:48 PM
oscars, they like to interact with their owners

tropfish
08-29-2007, 10:03 PM
i would have trouble choosing. I'd have to say either an oscar (i've always wanted one) a BP (my bp is amazing lol) a firemouth or a convict. the last three i own so i would have to say a BP.

when i get a larger tank (far into the future) i have a long list of cichlids i want lol.