PDA

View Full Version : amazon sword crazy after substrate switch

jonny5
01-20-2012, 02:31 AM
so i had an amazon sword in establish gravel/sand mix. Upgraded it to a 30 gallon with eco-complete and ada amazonia and wow on the daughter plants.
within 3 weeks i now have 3 seperate shoots comeing from the plant that is budding daughter plants, even though i dont have room for another sword pretty cool that i have 3 going at the same time.

Dave66
01-20-2012, 10:39 AM
If you trim those runners close to the plant, it'll concentrate on making leaves rather than making daughter plants.

Is what I do, and have three amazon swords with over a hundred leaves each because I trim the runners.

Dave

korith
01-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Just goes to show how well a plant can do given the right substrate and other conditions. As the plants on the runners get a bit bigger, you can snip them off and grow those out.

jonny5
01-21-2012, 06:58 PM
if i trim the runners i will get more dense leaf growth eh, ill do that today then.

Ya i have two daughter plants each with about leaves 3 inches long so i could make some new swords but i just dont have the room in that tank or room in general for a new tank.

Countrylovin4evr
01-26-2012, 03:50 AM
Send them to me! lol I'd love to have that problem. Still working on my wisteria being iffy and a new anubias