PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Tank, More Fish? Suggestions

hyp0r
01-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Wow, I'm super exited to have upgraded my 5 gallon to a 20 gallon. I know, it's still small but I don't have a lot of space.

When I moved my fish over from the 5 gallon I forgot to count them! I just tried counting them now and it's so hard because they're swimming all over the place. Guppies, they keep multiplying! There's one big guppy, two medium ones and maybe eight or nine small ones and one oto. Several of the Guppies are big enough to be donated, I will probably donate all of the small ones that are big enough. When I donate them to the LFS I'd like to get some different fish. I was thinking of getting Neon Tetras. I'd like to get something that's small so I can have a lot of them. How many Neon Tetras do you think I can add to this tank? I'm open to suggestions for other fish that would be cool as well.

My tank is 24 x 12 x 16, I'm running a Fluval 205, it's planted. I also plan on adding more plants and possibly a piece of driftwood.

I was also planning on adding a couple otos to keep the one I have now company. But I want to wait until my tank is more established with algae.

wskynajar
01-18-2012, 04:51 PM
As long as you keep the guppy population down, I would have 10-12 neon tetra shouldn't be a problem

kurly
01-18-2012, 06:36 PM
I agree with wskynajar and I meant to tell you that your tank looks nice thumbs2: I just couldn't remember which thread the pic was on.

I'm glad you're so excited. You'll be even more excited when you're able to sit back and enjoy watching your fish!