PDA

View Full Version : Baby Cherry Shrimps Again

kurly
01-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Had a whole lot of things going on toward the end of last year so I wasn't able to tend to my Cherry Shrimp tank as well as I should have. Well, after thinning out the little jungle and religiously sticking to my water changing schedule for about 6 weeks or so, I just noticed some teeny tiny shrimps in various places in my tank.

Needless to say I'm thrilled to see the little shrimpies :hmm3grin2orange:

Lady Hobbs
01-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I started with either 12 or 24. Can't remember now. At the end of 5 months, I had sold over 100. They had the tank to themselves so nothing was feeding off them but now I have moved them into tanks with fish and their population is now controlled.

kurly
01-17-2012, 05:40 PM
My intitial reason for having a tank of their own was to breed them and possibly sell some. People always want cherry shrimp and I think the stores sell them at too high of a price. I remember when I set up my first tank and put cherry shrimp in it. I bought all my fish and shrimp online and being a noob that I was, I think I actually paid $5 per shrimp! :ssuprised: Once I found out that I could have gotten them for a much cheaper price from someone local I decided that one day I would set up a shrimp tank of my own because I like them so much and also sell them to others in my area at a much lower price!

Can't believe I paid $20 for 4 cherry shrimp!!!!!