PDA

View Full Version : My tank has come alive with Harlequins!

kurly
01-16-2012, 05:01 PM
All I can say is WOW! I added the Harlequin Rasboras to my main tank and there is sooooo much activity I can hardly believe it! They are schooling together and sometimes break off into two groups all over the tank. They have even made my tetras move around more and swim a little higher in the tank.

My poor little Microrasbora (last one left out of a group of 10 I bought a couple years ago) was a little overwhelmed with all the movement in it's area of the tank at first but now I even see him swimming around with the new group. Gonna get some more like the little guy if he holds out for a little while longer and move the micros to my 10 gallon shrimp tank.

Only question I have for myself is Why didn't I get these Rasboras sooner????

icefreeze57
01-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Glad your happy but...

:worthless:

Lady Hobbs
01-16-2012, 05:58 PM
I just love my harleys but unfortunately are down to only 4 out of 12. I got them about 9 months ago and just lately have been losing them. Great little fish.

kurly
01-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Glad your happy but...

:worthless:

LOL! (blush) I'll see what I can do. I have a feeling the pic will have nothing but a bunch of blur spots. These fish are swiming around so much that it's making me dizzy..

Lady Hobbs,
Sorry about your missing Harlequins...I remember you saying that you are losing them but not finding any bodies. That's a mystery to me.

Lady Hobbs
01-16-2012, 06:08 PM
They aren't going anywhere. I assume they're dying and the shrimp are eating them but the tank has so many plants in it, it's hard to find them.

kurly
01-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Oh okay. It must be really full of plants! A mini jungle?

ldoerr
01-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Kurly I am glad that you like your rasbora. Before I added them to my tank, my tank seemed empty. Now that they are in there the tank actually looks stocked. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!! I wish that I had gotten them sooner myself. They color up really nicely when they get used to a tank. You will not beleave it.

kurly
01-16-2012, 11:51 PM
I can't wait! And I know what you mean. People would come over to my house and say "Nice tank, where are all the fish?" I mean I already had 25 fish in the tank! But they all would be in the lower level for some reason. Now there are fish all over the place!

Thanks to your encouragement and enthusiam about the Harlequins ldoerr, I now have a tank that is in constant motion! :19:

ldoerr
01-19-2012, 03:46 AM
Glad you like them.